[HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV

• Do you prefer me contributing straight to the main repo instead of issuing pull requests? I tend to prefer PRs as it's easier to discuss a batch of changes.

I've looked at the code you wrote for the first PR and it's very good in my opinion. My problem is that I have extremely limited time for coding with three small children taking up most o my available time. With your code quality and my limited time I think it would be best if you just pushed the changes directly. You could also set up an account at bintray.com which will probably host most plugin .deb packages in the future, then you could also publish the changes you've made directly. I've used it with the Docker plugin as test and it's been successful so far. I plan on moving the ZFS repo there as well quite soon.

I really want to fix the weirdness with that textbox (github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…enmediavault-zfs/issues/2). I spent about 30 minutes on it and gave up for the moment.

Sometimes me and ExtJS are not the best of friends either... These small issues can really take a long time to fix :) I've pushed a change to github that I hope will correct this behavior with the textbox.

• I just found out that there was a new release of ZoL on the 11:th. Among other things this release changes the upstart scripts, which breaks the install of the plugin. Currently the plugin uses an insserv override for zfs-mount, but this creates a loop with the new ZoL release. I tested to remove the override from debian/postinst and the plugin installed ok and all seems to work fine (even after reboot). I don't have much experience working with upstart/insserv so if someone could help me with making sure the plugin can be updated properly between ZoL 0.6.4.x and 0.6.5 I would be very thankful :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

The override was to ensure mounts occurred at single run level, this seems obvious since many services can require access to the mounts at RL2345.
    the default zfs mount did the job at the end of the boot sequence (I would say around the beep), which was ridiculous, even the zfs mount in the Debian FreeBSD kernel has that at level S.

i did look at zfs github and I didn't see any change regarding the runlevel, just
    a dependancy of Xstartbefore was changed, the override will need to match begin and end tags from the new init and keep the start at S of course. Give that a try.

• You should be able to remove (purge) the zfs plugin and then check which errors you get from dpkg. I've tested some today and it could be that there are some issues with the debian-zfs package or the zfsutils package. I had to manually run the commands insserv zfs-import and insserv zfs-mount and finally modprobe zfs to get zfs back on track. I have a fix ready for the plugin, but it's not added to the repo yet and I await some help regarding that part.

• I removed anything I could find related to zfs. Then when using apt-get this is the output, maybe im missing something.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!