OMV 1.12 on Iomega Home Media Network Cloud Edition (HMNCE)

• Greetings!

I'm thinking about give another try on OMV; I reallly enjoyed it.

However, it seems I cannot run OMV 1.9 on it, since I was running OMV on Debian Wheezy and several kernel resources were not available.

It seems the better version for my NAS is 1.12. I have some questions,though:

a) How do I install 1.12? Last time I did it, I installed 0.4x and ran 'apt-get update', ended up with 1.9.
    b) Can I install it straight from ISO, without Debian Wheezy? I think it should be cleaner, am I right?
    c) I'll need OwnCloud, DLNA and a Torrent client. Would love to make sure these are compatible with this version.
    d) Where can I find OMV 1.12 files? The Sourceforge download page jumps from 0.5x to 1.9.
    Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

• Offizieller Beitrag

a. Just download the current OMV ISO.. If an old version, it's very unlikely that a new version wouldn't work

b. OMV depends on Wheezy... the OMV ISO will install Wheezy and OMV at the same time. I'm not really sure what you mean by "cleaner"... You can install the Debian Wheezy Mini ISO, and as long as you don't install any of the additional packages (desktop, etc..) it will be exactly the same as if you used the OMV ISO.

c. To my knowledge, all of these work fine. Only one I don't use is Owncloud, but the other two work fine.

d. Again, I'm lost on your insistence on a specific version of OMV... please provide further detail.

• Hello, KM0201!

Thanks for your reply.

I was using 1.9 before and had a lot of issues. But again, I installed a modded kernel-based version of Wheezy; never tried with original OMV ISO.

Maybe this topic can explain better than me the need of a modded kernel.

Thanks! :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

It would be a lot easier if you could summarize the problem rather than me reading through a 20 page thread. Like I said, if it were me, I'd start with the newest OMV ISO, and if you have problems, post here on the forum and see if the folks here can figure out how to resolve them.

• Sorry, not meant to make you read all the threads, just the 1st one. :) I should've been more clear.

Anyway, as far as I know, standard kernel won't work properly with ARM processors. This NAS seems to require some specific steps, including boot sector strings, to install anything (as described here).

Then, the only way I could install it was installing this kernel-modded version of Wheezy, then installing OMV 0.4, then upgrading it. But it required A LOT of work and fixes, including some help of yours (davidh2k helped me a lot) but still had a lot of crashes and other issues --couldn't even copy large files to NAS without having it freezing up.

As David said, it was all related to the kernel issues...

Cheers! :)

EDIT: Here's a part of the tutorial for installing OMV on this NAS:

• Offizieller Beitrag

1.12 is newer than 1.9. You can't use any of the ISOs on the sourceforge page for this system. What is the output of:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!