Re-Install of 1.9: WebGUI accessible via IP only, VGA out not working??

• Hi,

coming from 0.5.60 today I did a clean re-install of 1.9.

System's coming up nicely, re-integrated old settings, Samba shares are working fine, so half of the work is done ;)

Two points are bothering me, though:

- I cannot access the webserver on the box using its network name, I have to use the IP adress to get to the WebGUI, with the old version I could use the name, how can I fix this? (Note: the Samba-shares are accessible via name, though)
    - I'm using a dell microserver with a VGA out for maintainance and stuff. Worked perfectly with 0.5.60 - with 1.9 I can see the first lines of Debian startup then the screen goes blank with a msg that frequencies are out of range, anybody got this, too?

Hope someone can help me ;)

Mark.

• OK - Problem with webGUI not working with symb. name was a missing certificate. I copied the old config.xml from my last installation and had a reference to a certificate in it that was missing. Since I forced secure connections this crashed the GUI, but strangely not when using http://<ip>...

Well this now works.

VGA-connector still dead after boot - any clues?

Mark.

• The screen issue i don't know but plenty of people have ms here so they probably know better

This has nothing to do with Microsoft ;)

I connect monitor and keyboard directly to my box for installation and sometimes maintainance. Since 1.9 the screen goes dead as soon as OMV boots - this is new, it worked perfectly with 0.5.60

Mark.

• If you know the params you can append them to your grub config.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!