some problems with my config (mysql, autoshutdown, tevii dvb card)

• hey guys.

got omv on my small n54and it works quite good, but there are some problems.

first: i can't get mysql to work fine. everytime i will apply the changes it sends me an error #4000

second: the autoshutdown plugin doesn't shutdown the server. i just added one client (my htpc) and it is offline, but still after an hour the server ist still running.

third: i want my server to be a tv server. installing tvheadend was quite easy for me, and no the but: my dvb-s2 card (tevii s471) is not working. After some reserche i found out, that this card is supported with the 3.5 kernel out of the box. omv uses 3.2, so, ist there a way to install this card or do i have to wait untill omv uses kernel 3.5? buying another card is no option!!!

thanks for your help!

---------------------

Servus!

Hab OMV auf meinem kleinen N54L laufen und soweit auch nur ein paar Probleme:

1. Mysql lässt sich nicht aktivieren. bekomme dort nach dem apply immer fehler #4000 ausgegeben.

2. autoshutdown fährt auch nach der angegebenen zeit den server nicht herunter. nur mein htpc ist als client eingetragen.

3. Der Server soll zusätzlich noch als tv server dienen (zZ ist die DVB Karte im HTPC und läuft dort problemlos). Es handelt sich um eine Tevii s471 die ab kernel 3.5 bei Linux out of the box läuft. OMV läuft zur Zeit noch mit Kernel 3.2 - gibts trotzdem einen Möglichkeit die Karte ans laufen zu bringen oder muss ich zwangsweise auf das Kernelupdate warten?

Besten Dank!

Greetings,
    kio

• Offizieller Beitrag

first: i can't get mysql to work fine. everytime i will apply the changes it sends me an error #4000

What is the rest of the error?

third: i want my server to be a tv server. installing tvheadend was quite easy for me, and no the but: my dvb-s2 card (tevii s471) is not working. After some reserche i found out, that this card is supported with the 3.5 kernel out of the box. omv uses 3.2, so, ist there a way to install this card or do i have to wait untill omv uses kernel 3.5? buying another card is no option!!!

You can install the backports 3.16 kernel with the button in omv-extras. If it works with the 3.5 kernel, it should work with the 3.16 kernel.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• thanks for the quick answer.

this is die error:
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'mysql' stop 2>&1': Stopping MySQL database server: mysqld failed! invoke-rc.d: initscript mysql, action "stop" failed.

and the details:

• and another problem:

i can't give the system ssd a name to use it for the mysql database. i know, that it is possible because with my first installation of omv it works, after reinstalling this option is gone -.-

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of:
    dpkg -l | grep mysql
    omv-showkey mysql

You can't use the system drive for data. If it worked on your first installation, you must have created another partition on the ssd. That is the only way.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• First One:

Code
    ii  libdbd-mysql-perl                         4.021-1+b1                    amd64        Perl5 database interface to the MySQL database
    ii  libmysqlclient18:amd64                    5.5.41-0+wheezy1              amd64        MySQL database client library
    ii  mysql-client-5.5                          5.5.41-0+wheezy1              amd64        MySQL database client binaries
    ii  mysql-common                              5.5.41-0+wheezy1              all          MySQL database common files, e.g. /etc/mysql/my.cnf
    ii  mysql-server                              5.5.41-0+wheezy1              all          MySQL database server (metapackage depending on the latest version)
    ii  mysql-server-5.5                          5.5.41-0+wheezy1              amd64        MySQL database server binaries and system database setup
    ii  mysql-server-core-5.5                     5.5.41-0+wheezy1              amd64        MySQL database server binaries
    ii  openmediavault-mysql                      1.0.15                        all          MySQL plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    rc  php5-mysqlnd                              5.4.36-0+deb7u3               amd64        MySQL module for php5 (Native Driver)

Second:

Code
    <mysql><enable>0</enable><enable_networking>1</enable_networking><port>3306</port><bind_address>127.0.0.1</bind_address><data.sharedfolderref/><extra_options/><enable_management_site>0</enable_management_site><show_tab>0</show_tab><disable_aio>0</disable_aio></mysql></

Thanks for the information, than thats the reason why.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You don't have a data directory set? You will probably need to apt-get install php5-mysqlnd as well.

• no, it was created by win and it is ntfs.

i would like to create a partition in omv but there is no way i see.

i would prefer to create a partition of the system ssd. is it possible?

the tevii card works with die other kernel! :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Most services will not work with ntfs.

Boot gparted-live and you should be able to repartition the OS drive.

• and again and again.
    i'm not sure if i understand it right. does he think all the ip's are necessery to stay online? the host, that is needed to stay the server online ist not online ...

• changed the language to english und clean up the ip to only "18",
    now it seems to work.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!