mobile configuration

• Hello everybody,

I use openmediavault on my little server (if I can call it server) based on OrangePI (clone of raspberrypi with SATA and GLAN) and it works perfect. But sometimes I need to edit setting while I am off pc (such as add shares, manage users and rights, enable/disable services, restart services, force - reload DLNA library) or just check status of the server.

And there is big problem - there is no mobile firendly interface to manage OMV. Use webgui in its actual form/theme is inpossible on 4´mobile screen (not even on tablet) so I use SSH (JuiceSSH) and SFTP apps (ez file explorer) to do what I need but it takes me 5 times longer to do somethning I can do with few clicks on OMV-webgui.

I dont need file manager, but config manager

Is there confortable way of connecting to webgui on mobile ? is android app planed ? or mobile theme for webgui (just like webmin uses) ?

Or how do you manage your OMV when off pc ?

Thanks for answers

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have used my iPhone for minimal config work before. It isn't the nicest but it can be done for a lot of tasks. I have also logged into my desktop using rdp to access the web interface. The next version of OMV will use extjs5 which I would think it would be more mobile friendly. There is no app or theming planned that I know of.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The next version of OMV will use extjs5 which I would think it would be more mobile friendly.

Thats right, extjs5, at least supports, both desktop and mobile interface under the hood of one combined framework. I don't know how much the effort is to adapt it to mobile on extjs5, but it should be considerable lower than with the previous versions. Maybe @votdev can tell more about that.

And yes, even for me its a PITA on the iPhone, tough, it's a lil bit better on the 6+...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• With extJS 4.2 there were tools to create a mobile app. I don't think Volker has any plans to create one. It will have to be done by someone else. The current interface works fairly well on a 10.1 inch tablet.

• Offizieller Beitrag

extjs 4 doesn't have a touchscreen theme included with (sencha touch is completely separate). extjs 5 includes Neptune Touch.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I was just saying he doesn't have to create anything this time. The theme could just be included. While not a mobile app, it should work a lot better on phones and tablets from testing the demo on the sencha site.

• With extJS 4.2 there were tools to create a mobile app.

Yes, sencha touch 2, which would've required a complete rewrite of the GUI from scratch, just for mobile.

I don't think Volker has any plans to create one.

I talked to him back then and he didn't wanted to port the whole GUI to sencha touch. Now with touch included, thats a whole different story.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Yes, sencha touch 2, which would've required a complete rewrite of the GUI from scratch, just for mobile.

This is not true. It depends on what you put in the mobile app. If it just contained certain functions it does not need to incorporate the whole web gui. Think of mobile pc monitor, now pulseway. The mobile app does not even need to be a Sencha framework necessarily.

• I would expect it to be the whole deal, so yes, my statement remains true.

Greetings
    David

• Nope... a lot of mobile apps work like a client server setup and do not offer all the funtions of the application/program. Look the mobile apps for owncloud, plex, mediabrowser, crashplan, etc.... A mobile app for OMV would not need all the functions. Just stuff like reboot, shutdown, sleep, wake, status/graphs of various items, ability to restart/start/stop a service, ssh, etc.. Would you need to install a plugin in a mobile app? Not likely and who would want to fill in a Settings page on a small screen?

• Hi All, This is my first post to the forum as a brand new OMV user. I recently moved my NAS environment from NAS-Lite to OMV (in VMware backed by HW RAID). I am impressed with the stability and how bug-free OMV has been given how many features there are. I moved 4TB of data from the old NAS at speeds saturating a GigE link without a glitch.

The one thing I wish I could do is manage OMV from my iPhone. I have a regular iPhone 6 and both Safari and Chrome have an issue displaying the GUI in a usable manner. I seem to be having more difficulty than the above iPhone users. I am hoping there is something developed to solve this in the future. Regardless of whether a mobile app or mobile GUI is created I will stay with OMV and am very happy. Cheers!

• Hello everybody,

I use openmediavault on my little server (if I can call it server) based on OrangePI (clone of raspberrypi with SATA and GLAN) and it works perfect.

I do want to use Orange Pi Plus with OMV too. Could you tell me which img you exactly used? Had u any problems with thisc i.e. no hdd found ?!
    Thank you for your advice.

• Zitat

I do want to use Orange Pi Plus with OMV too. Could you tell me which img you exactly used? Had u any problems with thisc i.e. no hdd found ?!
    Thank you for your advice.

I used debian image from http://www.igorpecovnik.com added OMV repositories and installed OMV, it works great for about 6 monts fight now

But recently I bought another orange pi and when I use debian images from above site I am unable to install OMV because of borken dependecies, no idea why

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use igor's images to create the cubox-i OMV image. What are the broken dependencies?

• I change the script code in width in the all *.js file.located in the var/www/openmediavault/js

Example in file var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/module/admin/service/iscsitarget/target.js in line 13

Ext.define("OMV.module.admin.service.iscsitarget.target.LUN", {
    extend: "OMV.workspace.window.Form",
    requires: [
    "OMV.data.Store",
    "OMV.data.Model",
    "OMV.data.proxy.Rpc"
    ],

mode: "local",
    width: 500,

With

Ext.define("OMV.module.admin.service.iscsitarget.target.LUN", {
    extend: "OMV.workspace.window.Form",
    requires: [
    "OMV.data.Store",
    "OMV.data.Model",
    "OMV.data.proxy.Rpc"
    ],

mode: "local",
    width: 350,

Ichange width: 500 with 350.
    for my android chrome browser

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!