Help using rtcwake

• I need some help using rtcwake . I would like my system to wake up every morning at 7:00am.
    So the goal would be to run a cron job every day which would set the wake up time.
    I've read several threads on the matter but haven't been successful.

I'm told rtcwake is supported on my Asrock Q1900-ITX.
    I enabled it in the Bios (at least I think).

Here are some thing I tried.

Could some one help me?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You could just try the openmediavault-wakealarm plugin :) It uses rtcwake.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you have omv-extras installed? It should show in the plugin list if you have the testing repo enabled.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunately, I don't use this plugin but your config looks right to me. If I remember correctly, rtcwake doesn't work on every system. Maybe someone knows more about rtcwake.

• Wanted to give first feedback this morning, unfortunately my OMV woke up BEFORE wakealarm-Plugin could start the machine because of my rtc-Script of TVHeadend did first ;) (There was a recording at 6:30am)

Next try this afternoon.

• Wakealarm-Plugin does not work with my system too.

Had setup that OMV should start at 16:50pm, but it has not!

I know that the Q1900-ITX Board supports RTCwake for 100%, because my TVHeadend-Script works flawless. (The script uses rtc).
    So I will go back to waking up OMV by my RasPi with etherwake cronjob. RasPi runs 24/7 so it makes no difference to me.

• Wakealarm-Plugin does not work with my system too.

Had setup that OMV should start at 16:50pm, but it has not!

I know that the Q1900-ITX Board supports RTCwake for 100%, because my TVHeadend-Script works flawless. (The script uses rtc).
    So I will go back to waking up OMV by my RasPi with etherwake cronjob. RasPi runs 24/7 so it makes no difference to me.

I'll report back if it works again.
    Every time I tried to use it the time between me turning the system off and the time it was supposed to wake up was really short.
    Maybe too short.
    Maybe you you could try and let autowake wake your system in the morning.

• So is there a way to get this WAKEALARM plugin installed on Stoneburner? I'm trying to find a way to set my computer to sleep at 11:00pm and then wakeup again at 7:00am.

Version
    6.0.27-1 (Shaitan)

Kernel
    Linux 5.14.0-0.bpo.2-amd64

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!