NFS not activated, and yet portmap, rpcbind and rpc.statd are listening

• Hi,

While trying to securise a bit my NAS, I was watching what processes were currently listening, when I spotted that rpcbind (port 111 - portmap) and rpc.statd are listening.
    The problem is that I didn't activate NFS, is it normal that these 2 rpc deamon are present ? From what i read, they are only necessary when using NFS.

Shall I open a bug ? Do you think it will be relevant to ask for a feature so that the output of the command "ss -laputn" is displayed (for example under a tab in the network link) ?

Thanks,
    Regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

They are listening but there is no config to let them respond. It is normal and not a bug. If you think they should only be enabled when using nfs, I would file a feature request.

The output of netstat is in Diagnostics under the Report tab or Support Info if you have omv-extras installed.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!