Flash Usb Not recongnited over night

• Offizieller Beitrag

You cut out the part about the card probably failing... I guess that meant use a new card to me.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OK, so I did cut out the part about SD card failing and skipped to the plugin part - SORRY!
    Anyway I've did tried second card and that one didn't even boot, but there is a double facepalm picture here for a reason as I forgot to mention that I am using micro SD card with the SD adapter and after changing the micro cards I've realized that maybe, just maybe it would be a good idea to try different adapter.
    Long story short - I am using 8 GB micro card that wasn't working before, but with new SD adapter and for the moment it's working (few reboots and shutdowns.

Once again thanks for the help and sorry for my embarrassment.

• Turns out I was celebrating too early as the issue came back. I've bought new Sandisk class 10 micro SDHC card with Sandisk SD adapter and all for nothing as it didn't solve the problem :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of the following (before and after it stops working if you can):

blkid
    fdisk -l
    mount
    cat /etc/fstab

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Bellow are the results when OMV is working:

and here are the results when it's not working:

Those are the results without flashmemory plugin configured, as I was afraid that I've done it wrong.
    Anyway regardless the plugin the issue starts up after shutdown/reboot.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This isn't an OMV (or flashmemory) issue. The drive is not even recognized by Bananian/Linux in your output where it is not working. If the drive does not show in fdisk, linux does not know it is attached. It must be a bug with driver that the usb stick uses or Bananian or maybe even the BananaPi firmware. Hard to say. I don't have one anymore so I can't test. Maybe the output of dmesg after it stops working would tell you more.

• Thank you very much Aaron, you have no idea how grateful I am for your support as I am a Windows guy and even the basic Linux commands are like quantum physics to me.
    I've posted this issue on BananaPi forum, so hopefully someone would reply. Meanwhile I will switch to Raspbian as it seemed to work OK before, but OMV is so much better for me ("easy" web GUI), but as a poet onces said: "You can't always get what you want" :)

Once again thanks for your help and time you spend on this.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can install OMV on Raspbian :) That is what the OMV RPi images use.

• Everything is working now - THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN. Turns out that it was usb port that didn't support the flash drive correctly (at least in my case). I've connected external HDD, but the BananaPi was switching off (I'm guessing it didn't had enough power to run the external drive). So I've connected the drive to USB hub with external power source and configured everything from the start. It's been a week now without problem, so I hope it will stay that way. And turns out I was able to use NTFS format without a problem. It's probably obvious to you, but I thought it can be only EXT3/4 - better learn later than ever :).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!