BTSync V2.0

• Hola all

I updated BTSync via the OMV gui this morning as it told me there was an update.

It now no longer starts, I get the following when trying to start from the shell with /etc/init.d/btsync start:

Autostarting btsync instance 'openmediavault':Failed to start btsync instance openmediavault - please check the configuration file /etc/btsync/openmediavault.conf ... failed!

Conf file looks ok too me, but would like a second opinion:

Struggling to see what could be wrong here, theres nothin in the logs other than:

Code
    [20141023 18:42:16.200] total physical memory 536870912 max disk cache 2097152
    [20141023 18:42:16.201] Using IP address myip
    [20141023 18:42:20.205] UPnP: Could not map UPnP Port on this pass, retrying.
    [20141023 18:42:25.211] UPnP: Could not map UPnP Port on this pass, retrying.
    [20141023 18:42:30.217] UPnP: Could not map UPnP Port on this pass, retrying.
    [20141023 18:42:35.223] UPnP: Unable to map port myip:51135 with UPnP.
    [20141023 18:42:49.240] Received shutdown request via signal 15
    [20141023 18:42:49.241] Shutdown. Saving config sync.dat

Any ideas ?

NikC

• I also just upgraded (see my post in the previous BTSync thread) but am getting a different error:

Previously you had to accept a EULA. But since I now do not even get a website (time out) that does not seem to be the problem.
    Reïnstalling the plugin or trying a different port doesn't help either...

• I also just upgraded (see my post in the previous BTSync thread) but am getting a different error:

Previously you had to accept a EULA. But since I now do not even get a website (time out) that does not seem to be the problem.
    Reïnstalling the plugin or trying a different port doesn't help either...

I am having this same error.

• I think that, for the long term, it would be better to have Syncthing as plugin to replace Bittorrent sync.

I suspect that soon btsync 1.4 will no longer be maintained for security updates, features etc...

From the activity in the forums I have visited I can see that there are a lot of people really unhappy with BTsync and I believe that a lot will migrate to the opensource alternative boosting software development and popularity of Syncthing.

FT

• I was actually thinking about that, recently. The monetization of BT Sync with 2.0 has really pushed it in the wrong direction. I would migrate my BTSync shares to support the open source alternative, Syncthing, if there is a plugin designed for it. However, I would like BT Sync working again in the meantime.

• The plugin only works with Btsync version < 2. To make it work you need to upgrade omv-extras and make it build the repo file again (for example by disable and enable the Btsync repo) and then update the package list.

If you haven't upgraded Btsync too 2.0 then it should already work. If you have upgraded too 2.0 then you should try running something like apt-get install btsync=1.4.1-1 and it should hopefully downgrade successfully. I haven't tested this though!

• The plugin only works with Btsync version < 2. To make it work you need to upgrade omv-extras and make it build the repo file again (for example by disable and enable the Btsync repo) and then update the package list.

If you haven't upgraded Btsync too 2.0 then it should already work. If you have upgraded too 2.0 then you should try running something like apt-get install btsync=1.4.1-1 and it should hopefully downgrade successfully. I haven't tested this though!

Thank you, @HK-47, I can confirm that this works. I had already upgraded to 2.0, and I simply ran apt-get install btsync=1.4.1-1. All was well after that.

• Make sure you've got version 1.14 or higher of openmediavault-omvextrasorg installed.

And try these commands (as before, I haven't tried):

Bash
    omv-mkconf omvextrasorg
    apt-get update
    apt-get install btsync=1.4.1-1
    apt-get upgrade
  • Make sure you've got version 1.14 or higher of openmediavault-omvextrasorg installed.

And try these commands (as before, I haven't tried):

Bash
    omv-mkconf omvextrasorg
    apt-get update
    apt-get install btsync=1.4.1-1
    apt-get upgrade

I can also confirm that I had the latest OMV Extras installed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The btsync package has been removed.

http://debian.yeasoft.net/btsync/pool/main/b/btsync/

I think they moved it here http://debian.yeasoft.net/btsync/pool/main/b/btsync-common/ so you can do a manual download and install with dpkg -i

If anyone has the old deb maybe we can keep it the extras repos.

Other than that i was thinking like to bypass btsync 10 share restriction firing another parallel instance. What do you think @HK-47?

• They only got the latest version in that repo. Btsync 1.4 is in the btsync14 repo which we changed to yesterday so the plugin should continue working with that version.

Parallel instances could possibly work (it would also take some coding to make it work smoothly), it's just not something I will pursue. I'm not using Btsync anymore.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!