Cant delete files created by transmission

• Questions about permissions with transmission seem to be common, but my issue is the opposite of what I find when I search...
    I did try searching for this, but I come up with alot of people having issues with transmission not being able to create the folders/files when loading a torrent, but that works fine for me.

I'm running OMV 0.4.4.1

After the torrent has been downloaded and moved to my completed folder and I remove the torrent from transmission, if I want to move or delete the files I can't. It says Permission Denied (through samba). When I ssh and try rm'ing from the cli it still gives me a permission denied error unless I sudo or login as root.

When I select "Trash Data and Remove from List" in transmission it is able to delete the folder without error.

When I go into my "complete" directory I can create/save files and folders there and then delete any that I have created without error, but any that transmission created I cannot.

doing ls -l reveals that folders are being created with the following permissions/owners, etc

Code
    drwxr-xr-x 4 debian-transmission debian-transmission      4096 Oct 19 13:47 The.Raven

previously I used the linux version of utorrent which created folders like this:

Code
    drwxrwxrwx 5 root                root                     4096 Aug  8  2011 Torchwood

I tried adding my user that I connect to samba with to the debian-transmission group and it still doesn't work.

I know I can ssh in and chmod 777 every time to make it work, but I'd like a solution that makes things a little easier...

• So this is normal???

People that use transmission cant delete their torrents unless they do it as the root user?

Is their no way to make transmission create with drwxrwxrwx for the permissions instead of drwxr-xr-x

I'm curious why doing chmod 777 on the downloaded folder is bad?

• May sound silly but I ran into this a few times.

Check the share to make sure "Inherit ACL's" is checked this should give all files and folders the same permissions as you set for the share. Than if that does not work than check Shared Folders under access rights manager and check your acl there for the folder in question make sure to check recursive for sub folders and re-apply them.

You normally have owner rights for anything you create but if you do not give yourself permission to read/write than you can not delete.

I gave "others" read/write on my NAS right now until I get things running 99% than I will worry about if I need special permissions to keep the kids from accidentally deleting files.

• Zitat von "Dennis"

Install MidnightCommander at commandline. ;)

I need to be able to move, delete, modify, etc through SMB. This needs to be wife friendly.

Zitat von "Mcnemisis"

i found adding myself to the tranmission username was enouth to be able to delete torrents without root access

How do I add myself to a username? Do you mean a group maybe? If so, I have added my username to the group "debian-transmission" with no results.

Just tried this, and it seems to be working. I've got a couple new torrents downloading now, I'll know for sure when they finish and get moved to the complete folder.

Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!