Shellinabox Issue

• Hi all,

I have a problem with shellinabox plugin. I am on OMV 1.15 and shellinabox 1.1. Everytime I try to connect and i write my username, I get a "session Closed". I had the same error before, with other versions of omv and shellinabox. I searched the forum but could not find a solution. Any help?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have no idea if the port will affect. But you can change it and test it.

In my case I changed the shellinabox internal config to use a standard tty login, so i login as admin, then become root once logged. I did this to preserve ssh access with PKA, which should be a must for remote login.

In /etc/default/shelinabox 

I have this line

SHELLINABOX_ARGS="--disable-ssl-menu --service=/:LOGIN --no-beep --linkify=none --css=/etc/shellinabox/termstyle.css"

• Changing port will effect it. The nginx files will not adjust for port changes. I designed it to be used locally only. You should leave all default settings and connect via VPN to use remotely. The shellinabox package is old. I did this for security reasons. I was going to put on some HTML instructions but never did it.

If I remember correctly I just had an nginx redirect in the mkconf file. You could probably edit that file to use the port you want. I think.

• First, sorry for the necro, but I have the exact same problem with OMV 3.x and the latest shellinabox (3.4).

Second, how would one go about to modify the SSL port shellinabox uses ?
    (I don't know anything about terminal use or linux as a whole) ^^

Thanks for the help

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!