Postprocessing Scripts for Renaming Media Files + Syncing to 2nd NAS

• Hey Guys,

I made myself a couple of postprocessing scripts and I'd like to ask if anybody would be intrested in using them themselves - maybe even with additional features, than they have now - ;)

I have four scripts for now. German Shows, English Shows, Movies (I only load german Movies, so only one script here) and my "pisync" script (well the name is depracated since I don't use the pi anymore for my second NAS, I now have a odroid c1)

Features (tv shows and movies renaming/moving)
    - utilizes filebot and mediainfo (for stereo filter on movies)
    - Seperated Scripts for German and English (Audio) shows
    - rename them to a any arbitrary layout you like (and filebot supports) you can chose folder layout different from filename layout
    - move to any arbitrary path you like (thats the reason for sperated german and english scripts...)
    - since you can't filter couchpotato to only load 5.1 movies, i added a filter for stereo movies so they're moved into a seperate folder and i know that i have to replace them later (stereo audio tracks are mostly an indication that the track is not from a reliable source)

Features (pisync, a script to synchronize your tv shows/movies to a second NAS - I use it to sync my weekly shows and recent movies to my arm based nas running 24/7)
    - sync shows (modified last 14 days, changeable)
    - sync (specific) seasons (or even single episodes if you want to!) of shows (also has a modified time flag)
    - mount/unmount remote path
    - sync movies (modfied last xx days, changeable)

todo
    - make it completely error prone (not catching every error yet to my satisfaction)
    - change arbitrary variable names to generic
    - make it more generic
    - make features like stereo filter optional
    - split confif apart from the show scripts and the pisync script (movies already has a config file)
    - merge all scripts into one, and only add "caller" scripts that call the right part of the global script
    - more features that others may want to see

So if you're intrested, drop a comment below. ;)

Edit: additional thoughts
    - add the possibility to either use one remote path for both tv shows and movies or use two seperate remote paths

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von davidh2k ()

• Well the todo list includes stuff that is neccessary to make it available for a broader audience but it also has some things that i want to add to it in the future too.

Anything you'd like to know/have in it? Collecting some additional thoughts myself right now.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Hmmm, let's see. First of all I'd like to manage my (german) movie collection in a better way. Couchpotato gives me the creeps concerning movies in a different language other then english. So filebot definitely sounds interesting, never managed to run properly (as I did on my windows rig). For sure there are more things to come in my mind while playing around with omv.

Nice idea btw!

• "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

• Good catch, of course it is a copy and paste error. I will change it locally and commit it later when I did some more work.

Do you have some other suggestions, coding style etc.?

I also have the idea for a quiet flag. How would someone implement such feature? Copy all functions to also have a quiet one? Quiet= no successfull echos, except the filebot output and errors.

Greetings
    David

• "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

• I finished most of the code today and starting debugging. Already caught some errors some features of the script but I will still need a couple of days to finish debugging all possible situations. (Since most features are optional now I have to check them in many combinations).

When I conside the script to be done I'll have it running on my system gor a week or two to see if there are any quirks left.

I also want to not that if anybody wants to sync his tv shows/movies to a second NAS: You could also utilize my script as some kind of backup script :P

Current status, as alllways: https://github.com/davidh2k/PostProcessing?files=1

Greetings
    David

PS: Thanks to shadowzero (and others) for giving some usefull input. ;)

• Debugging finished, running the scripts in real life tests now.

Will let them run a couple of days before I say they're useable.

Greetings
    David

• Oh boy, April 8th was it when I put them on my own NAS? Quite some time... Fixed a couple (doh!) of bugs in the SyncSeason part which now seem to be fixed. Also fixed another small mistake.

Only thing left is a proper posix help message for all possible commands, any maybe wrapping it up as a debian package.

Thanks to @ryecoaaron and @shadowzero for spotting my mistakes and providing solutions :)

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!