Help with signed certificate

• Hey guys I was hoping to get some help with a signed certificate from StartSSL. Until now I've been using a self signed certificate however as you know you get the "unsecure" warning, this is especially annoying if you are using something like owncloud and sharing files with others. I got a signed certificate up and running from StartSSL for my owncloud and it ONLY works from the computer I set it up on and I think that is because StartSSL installed the certificate in my browser. If I use any other device to access my owncloud using the StartSSL signed certificate, I still get the "unsecure" error. What am I missing here? Do I have to manually install the certificate on all devices because that doesn't seem right?

• Hello tekkb, if you are referring to the following post I've tried it but I may have done it incorrectly because the pem file created contains 3 certificates as opposed to the 1 provided by the StartSSL website. OMV only has a single field to enter a certificate. Sadly I'm not as experienced as you guys so a lot of the certificate talk in the forum goes over my head but I'm trying to learn :). Thanks you.

How to Import a Certificate for SSL?

• I got it! For those who need need help those instructions work too but you have to paste all certificates into the single field like this, one after another.

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
    *content
    -----END CERTIFICATE-----
    -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
    *conent
    -----END CERTIFICATE-----

Since I had 3 certificates, I put all 3 and ONLY then it started to work.

Thank you!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!