New ARM Plugins

• In Part 4 I mentioned 2 plugins that I'd love to see on ARM mainly Sonarr, HTPC Manager and Mylar

For Sonarr the guide here works with the precompiled mono package.

For HTPC Manager the main git is not responding to pull requests, having a custom git would be ideal because Hellowlol has SickRage and Sonarr support and is working on Mylar. This guide works on arm as well.

Mylar as a plugin should be easy since it's pure python and doesn't require anything fancing, this guide works without upstart, the init.d scripts can be recycled - guide here.

Plex arm7 package is in progress and working https://forums.plex.tv/index.p…-pi-2/page-18#entry887965

The init.d scripts and everything can be found here

Let me know what else I can do to make this easier

• Offizieller Beitrag

As soon as the plex arm7 package is tested more, I will add armhf to the plex repo and put the package in our repo (seems like uglymagoo is ok with that).

As for mono, the package compiled on the page listed won't work on the RPi (should work on RPi2). So, I can't really put it in our repo since the RPi is armhf as well. mono is a big package and needs to be maintained. I don't get the impression that this package will be maintained and updated everytime there is a security update.

There is no current plugin for htpc manager so it would need to be created first.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• That mono package works on both the Pi B+, Pi 2 and Banana Pi (and other arm7 variants). I think if you include it anyway and warn about the security risk then it should be ok, if it's in the testing repo it implies things aren't completely 'done', right? A similar approach is used with Synology unofficial repo, they are still using mono 3.60 but it is under the beta version/testing area.

I am happy to recompile major versions of mono as the sonarr devs recommend, 3.10 is what they recommend currently.

Looking forward to Plex being in there :)

How about Mylar?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok. I will add the mono package to the mono-testing repo for armhf. I will rely on your for testing :)

Since mylar seems to be a python app, I'm sure it would be similar to the other python plugins (sickbeard,sabnzbd, etc). So, it probably wouldn't be hard for someone to make one.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I am more than happy to test, looking forward to the dynamic dns plugins (hoping for afraid dns for which I already have a guide for that, it's just a cronjob).

I don't know if I have time to delve into the plugin development cause I am busy with other projects but if it's as easy as just replacing some git hub codes and startup script syntax it shouldn't be too much effort.

• As soon as the plex arm7 package is tested more, I will add armhf to the plex repo and put the package in our repo (seems like uglymagoo is ok with that)

If you add the plex package for testing/experimental I can give feedback on that too. Just ping me when there are changes and I'll test on Pi 2 and Banana Pi.

That reminds me about unrar package that sabnzbd and nzbget need, the script fails on arm6 because the unrar is not in non-free, for the Pi 2 and Banana Pi it works because the official debian repo has them. It may be easier to build from source quickly, alternatively I have packages for each platform arm6: http://sourceforge.net/project…ar_5.2.6-1.arm6_armhf.deb and arm7 http://sourceforge.net/project…s/unrar_5.2.6-1_armhf.deb arm7

Building from source doesn't take long and will avoid any cross platform issues but does require build-essential
    wget rarlab.com/rar/unrarsrc-5.2.6.tar.gz
    tar -xvf unrarsrc-5.2.6.tar.gz
    cd unrarsrc-5.2.6
    sudo make -f makefile
    sudo install -v -m755 unrar /usr/bin

• Offizieller Beitrag

Plex is now available on armhf. You need to upgrade to omv-extras 1.15 though. I also updated unrar-nonfree to 5.2.5 from sid for arm64 and armhf. I know a lot of programs don't callout for unrar-nonfree.

• Plex working beautifully on Banana Pi, thank you so much! Will test Pi 2 next.

Ping when there is more to test like Sonarr, Mylar etc :)

I believe unrar-nonfree is always preferable, I just installed nzbget and unrar is showing 5.2.1

• Testing removing Plex gives me these errors:

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is giving the error because plex is still running when it tries to remove the user.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure. That is part of the plexmediaserver package not the plugin. You could always service plexmediaserver stop before purging.

• OK, it's not too much of an issue, when I do it manually with dpkg -r plexmediaserver it kills the process successfully and uninstalls on the same Minibian based system.

Another thing, I have prepared an image using Minibian with OMV for the Pi 2, during the manual install process some weird apache2apache2 (yes twice) was showing and preventing nginx from loading so the apache2 service had to be disabled. I have documented it in this guide in case there is something on the repo's end that needs adjustment.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why minibian? That is basically the same thing that I created the RPi image on sourceforge with.

• The OMV image I have created is half the size, I assumed the image here was based on the official Raspbian which is bloated and therefore I started a new one bloat free. Admittedly I should have tested it and not judged by its size. Is there just a lot of free empty space on the image hosted here?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did start with Raspbian but I removed most of the packages. So, no bloat. The image is a 3.5 GB partition (targets 4 gb sd card with no need to expand partition) and even though I zero the empty space every time before make, it is still a lot. I guess I never worried about the download size. Also, with the new openmediavault-flashmemory plugin, I don't think a separate drive or disabling rrdcache/collectd is necessary anymore. I am doing a long term test on my odroid and rpi2.

• That's good news,I will add that information to the post.

What script did you use to build the minimal debian, I'm looking for one that is reliable and creates trimmed img files, seems elusive.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I used this one for the odroid but I manually removed packages from Raspbian for the RPi image. Took a long time but only had to be done once.

• Had found that one, will give it a go. btw noticing some issues with owncloud not having persmissions (despite me setting them in users), do you want me to post issues I find on git or in the forum?

How far are we with mono working and sonarr?

• Offizieller Beitrag

owncloud is a core plugin. You can post bugs on bugtracker.

I haven't done anything with mono or sonarr. The mono package is one package which means the plugin dependencies aren't correct for that package. That is a problem. I don't use or know anything about sonarr. So, not much I can do with that.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!