Why cannot remember WebGUI login password?

• Volker is very profound when it comes to password security. Though I never asked, I think he implemented it this way by intention.

Another reason is that the ExtJS framework does not support it, or definies the passwordfield in an inconvenient way.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I don't think it's really easy to add such an functionality to OMV since it uses PAM and not it's own database for accounts. Normally a "remember me" function is written by utilizing a series and token and then store that it in the database, but since there would be no way to use such data against PAM it wouldn't work.

• My guess would be that he means "save password for later login" in his browser - which isn't supported on the OpenMediaVault WebGUI either.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I get that, and there's nothing that prevents it from being done in the web interface. It's just that the only way it could be done right now is by storing it in cleartext or encrypted (false sense of security), but it's unsafe and should never be done that way.

• Thanks to reply,

It's quite troublesome in the present state to add the function which save password in a web browser and it isn't good at all from a reason of security, isn't it?

Thank you very much for your information.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!