Remote-Share Pluggin

• So I have the plugging installed and it has mounted the share folder on a Buffalo Linkstation and I used the admin username and password to connect. I can see the files on the share but I can’t make any changes to them. I have given the share full read write permission from within OMV. I'm not sure what I'm not doing right. Any help would be appreciated.

I even tried useing extplorer from within OMV to create and new folder on the share and it gave me a permission failed message.

Is there a walkthrough somewhere that I have not found yet in my google searches that would help?

Thanks,

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you can see the files, your setup is correct. It has to be a permission issue. I'm guessing the files on the Linkstation are owned by a group other than users. In extplorer, look to see who and what group owns the files.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• If you can see the files, your setup is correct. It has to be a permission issue. I'm guessing the files on the Linkstation are owned by a group other than users. In extplorer, look to see who and what group owns the files.

In extplorer is says owner "unknown" I dont have any users set up other than admin on the linkstation.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Definitely seems like an issue with permissions on the linkstation. I use the remoteshare plugin over samba all the time. So, I know it works with writes. The fact you can see the files means your setup in the plugin is right. The only two things it can be are permissions on the shared folder and permissions on the linkstation. You could try resetting the permissions in the Reset Permissions tab. in the Shared Folder section. If that doesn't help, try different things with the linkstation (sorry I don't have one to try more).

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I got home and I'm looking at extplorer and its showing all the files as 755 (rwxr-xr-s) but when I connect to the Linkstation with WinSCP it shows the files as 0777. Is there a change I need to make for extplorer or the Remote Share Pluggin for it to see the files as 0777 owner Root/Nobody

• Offizieller Beitrag

When you use winscp, you are logging directly in as admin (I assume). That is much different than viewing the files over samba. I don't have a linkstation so I have no idea what the options are under shares in the linkstation web interface. Permissions in samba override (if more restrictive) the filesystem permissions which is what you are seeing in winscp.

• Im using this plugin to share remote files from my tvheadend server to plex on my omv server. I used it previously and I was able to mount the remote files in a folder on my main share. However, I have reinstalled my system and now it appears to take over the whole of the main share rather than mount it into the allocated folder. Any idea's?

OMV 1.16 – ASUS ITX - G2020 2.9ghz - 8GB RAM - 40GB boot - 3x2tb in raid 5

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin hasn't changed. You must have set it up different.

• So i've a popcorn hour a-210 and i wanted my nas to mount the a-210 smb shared folder.

For that i've installed the remote-shares plugin then i've created a shared folder in omv named "pch-a210".

After that i've added the smb shared folder of a-210 to the remote-shares tab all good.

Now i've accessed to the omv shared folder "pch-a210" via smb, it mounts ok but i can't see the folders they are of type "unknown"?! and i can't create files/folders in "pch-a210" it says permission denied?!?

Could anyone help with this please

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!