Repository with openmediavault-postgresql

• Hello,
    I need PostgreSQL database. I found on Google this address where is it:

http://omv-extras.org/debian/p…penmediavault-postgresql/

But is interesting that when I have OMV extras installed I can't find PostgreSQL. I have there only MySQL. And when I write to console
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault-postgresql

It wrote me that this with name openmediavault-postgresql wasn't found on repository.

Well, how to add it to repositary, please? Of course I can download .deb file, upload it via web interface to OMV extras/plugins and install it. But in this case I will not receive future update.

Otherwise do you plan create any package like openmediavault-apache2 (when some web application request Apache), please?

I thank you very much for your answer before.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The postgresql plugin is in the testing repo. Enable it in omv-extras and it should show up in the plugin list. Try apt clean in omv-extras if it doesn't.

I am pretty sure there will not be an apache2 plugin. Most apps can be used with nginx and the nginx plugin.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• O.K. I have to, as usualy, reinstall OS from the scratch, because when I install or unistall something from command line it fatal demage OMV core which afterthat not work properly.

Because before what I found your repository I tried standard Debian packages.

apt-get install postrgesql
    apt-get install phpPgAdmin

It didn't work after installation. Well, I did purge uninstallation.

apt-get purge phpPgAdmin
    apt-get purge postgresql

And from then is OMV demage. E.g. I can't install openmediavault-postgresql from repositary from web interface:

Zitat

Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'postgresql' start 2>&1': Starting PostgreSQL 9.1 database server: mainThe PostgreSQL server failed to start. Please check the log output: 2015-04-06 20:26:05 CEST FATAL: could not create shared memory segment: Invalid argument 2015-04-06 20:26:05 CEST DETAIL: Failed system call was shmget(key=5432001, size=41205760, 03600). 2015-04-06 20:26:05 CEST HINT: This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared memory segment exceeded your kernel's SHMMAX parameter. You can either reduce the request size or reconfigure the kernel with larger SHMMAX. To reduce the request size (currently 41205760 bytes), reduce PostgreSQL's shared memory usage, perhaps by reducing shared_buffers or max_connections. If the request size is already small, it's possible that it is less than your kernel's SHMMIN parameter, in which case raising the request size or reconfiguring SHMMIN is called for. The PostgreSQL documentation contains more information about shared memory configuration. ... failed! failed! invoke-rc.d: initscript postgresql, action "start" failed.

Otherwise I understand that bash console is too dangerous when I am not linux guru, because this command is sure for demage OMV from properly work. "apt-get auto-remove" I use it first time for clean trash from system after test installation of any packages. Because I install more packages like:
    rar, zip - for unpacking archives
    mc, nano - because I hate vi editor and I need file manager
    ntfs-3g, exfat-fuse - for write to NTFS and exFAT partition

With Best Regards

• By the way. Is any possible choose name of mount patch from webUI? Because e.g. /media/730f9405-ffdb-48c6-b018-31efcc952e98 is not user familiar. Of course it is possible do it via console on /etc/fstab file, but this is not out of box solution. :| And when you want create directories you have to use first time ssh where I use Midnight Commander. And will be nice if I will have prepared mount point from webUI.

That is my suggestion to future.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You use the command line an awful lot for not being a linux guru... You should try to use the web interface as much as possible. Then you won't screw things up.

If you setup shared folders and associate them with a server, you wouldn't need to use mc to create folders. If you have to have an easy mount point, just symlink them:

ln -s /media/long_uuid /media/shortname

or even easier... Just use the openmediavault-downloader plugin. There is a symlink tab to create it for you by picking the folder.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I thank you very much for your answer. Well, I have one little problem. I need for one "cloud" application Sun JRE 6 (with PostgreSQL). When I have damaged system, I play with it before re-installation from the scratch. And I have one problem. I can't login via putty (ssh) to server with normal users. They have shell: /bin/bash and Group is users. But I can't login to ssh with their login.

Of course I tried create use from console

But with it I was not able to login via ssh, too. :( Because I need create .deb package for "last" Oracle Java JRE 6 binary file. and for that I need do one step like non-root user. and after that I will be able to install created .deb file with Oracle/Sun JRE 6 which is required.

I will have to learn one big thing - if isn't anything in webUI I shouldn't try do it from console at once with method by trial and error.

With Best Regards.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you want the user to login via ssh, just add them to the ssh group. You can even do that from the User tab in the web interface.

If you are going to use the command line, try it in a VM first :)

I would be hesitant about using java6 jre... Old and not supported anymore.

• I have one question about add key for custom repository before I do it via command line. :saint: For install Oracle Java 8 I found solution for Debian Wheeze.

http://www.webupd8.org/2014/03…cle-java-8-in-debian.html

I add via webUI custom repositorys:
    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/java/ubuntu trusty main
    deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/java/ubuntu trusty main

My question is: How can I import key from webUI. From console it is easy via guide by command apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys EEA14886 .

But from webUI of OpenMediaVault I am not sure how to do it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You have to add the key via command line. I will add a button to import keys. If you want to wait until I add it (hopefully tonight), that would be great. Otherwise, just use the command you listed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-extras 1.17 is in the repo with the key field now.

• I thank you very much for it. Otherwise I have problem with PostgreSQL which don't want start. ;( I got this message:

Zitat

Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'postgresql' start 2>&1': Starting PostgreSQL 9.1 database server: mainThe PostgreSQL server failed to start. Please check the log output: 2015-04-08 10:27:41 CEST FATAL: could not create shared memory segment: Invalid argument 2015-04-08 10:27:41 CEST DETAIL: Failed system call was shmget(key=5432001, size=41205760, 03600). 2015-04-08 10:27:41 CEST HINT: This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared memory segment exceeded your kernel's SHMMAX parameter. You can either reduce the request size or reconfigure the kernel with larger SHMMAX. To reduce the request size (currently 41205760 bytes), reduce PostgreSQL's shared memory usage, perhaps by reducing shared_buffers or max_connections. If the request size is already small, it's possible that it is less than your kernel's SHMMIN parameter, in which case raising the request size or reconfiguring SHMMIN is called for. The PostgreSQL documentation contains more information about shared memory configuration. ... failed! failed! invoke-rc.d: initscript postgresql, action "start" failed.

Please, help me. ;( What should I do to start it, please?

I thank you very much for your advice before.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Post a screenshot of your settings. Did you use a shared folder dedicated to postgresql?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would completely remove the plugin and install the version (1.2) I just uploaded to the repo. I got rid of the data directory due to the problem with moving it. If you want to put it on a data drive, you will have to manually move the files and put something like data_directory = '/media/ceb4e5a5-df2b-48db-9dab-570bb875f216/postgresqldb/' in the extra options box.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• I thank you very much for trying to help me, but I am desperate, now. :( With your new plug-in it is the same problem. :(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4rz…kk/OMV-PostgreSQL-002.png

May be I will try install regular Debian Wheezy server installation (netinstall with base package and ready RAID-5 aray - it is interesting, too - you don't allowe create volume before rebuilding of RAID will be complete, but on Debian is not problem create ext4 volume and rebuilding still continue, but on OMV distribution will go to pending). After that I will install OMV like program (to installed Debian), there.

Because when I reinstall OMV distribution. Afterthat I have to wait etc 6 hours then RAID-5 will be created and afterthat I can creat volume with ext4 (because when I create volume md stop rebuilding process and go to pending rebuilding status). Or created RAID aray have hight md number (e.g. md126) instead md1 like on origin. And no other RAID arays are there.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry, I was fixing the plugin. I introduced a new bug that is fixed in 1.3 which is in the repo now.

While you can create a volume while the array is rebuilding, I don't recommend it. It slows down everything and can cause data loss if the array fails to rebuild.

When you reinstall, you shouldn't have to re-create the array each time. You should just be able to mount the existing array.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I also found that low memory systems have issues. Try putting: shared_buffers = 16 in the extra options box.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try removing the packages with dpkg.

Get a list of packages to remove with: dpkg -l | grep postgresql
    Remove each package with: dpkg -r packagename

You will have to change the order in which you remove them due to dependencies. Just try removing each one until they are all gone.

Remove old postgresql files: rm -rfv /var/lib/postgresql /etc/postgresql

Then reboot.

Remove the user: userdel postgres

Then try reinstalling the plugin from the web interface.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!