Snapraid & AUFS Plugins - Adding Additional Drives

• I've been searching around for answers to a couple of questions and unfortunately do not seem to be getting anywhere. In my initial configuration, I had 4x3tb drives setup in snapraid (3x3tb data/content + 1x3tb parity). Just last night I added 4 more drives - 4x2tb.

Question 1:
    - Can I make one of the 2tb drives parity or do I have to make another 3tb parity? In other words, can I have (3x3tb + 3x2tb data/content) + (1x3tb + 1x2tb parity)? Or do I have to have (2x3tb + 4x3tb data/content) + (2x3tb parity). If it helps, I do not intend to add additional drives to this snapraid configuration.

Question 2:
    - I'm using AUFS on top of this to pool the drives together. I added the 3x2tb data/content drives to the pool via the AUFS OMV plugin and can see that they've been added. However, the Filesystems module in OMV still reflects ~8tb in disk size based on the original the 3x3tb config. I would've expected this to show ~13-14tb or so (3x3tb data/content + 3x2tb data/content). What do I need to do to grow the AUFS pool to reflect the actual/available disk size? I should note that I did not unmount/mount or reboot since these drives have been added.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Question 1 - That would be a good question for the snapraid author. Normally, he recommends the largest drive in the group for parity. So, I would think you would need two 3 tb drives if you want two parity drives.

Question 2 - aufs has no grow function. Rebooting should update everything.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks.

Re: Question 1 - I set it up the other way because it was the easiest for me to do when I was adding the 4x2tb drives. If I now need to swap a 3tb data/content and 2tb parity with eachother, what is the recommended way to do that?

In other words, I have a 3tb drive that's a data/content drive and a 2tb that's a parity - what's the best way to swap those?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Never done it but... copy content from 3tb to 2tb. Change drive settings in plugin. Sync.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!