Clean, degraded?

• I run a small nas (as VM in a server) with 2 disks in mirror. 1 of the disks was not being detected by the computer anymore. At first I thought the disk had died on me already (only a few months old). I tried hooking it up to my personal rig and see if it is being detected there, which was the case.

Reconnected them to the server to get some troubleshooting, and it magically appeared again.

After logging into the omv backend I noticed the state was "clean, degraded".

What would be the next step for me now? I know some hardware and linux but this goes beyond me sadly :(

I attached an image for reference, if you need more info i'll be more than happy to provide it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Wipe the bad drive in the Physical Disks tab. Then Grow the array and add the drive back in the Raid tab. I would make sure that drive is ok though.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you for your reply. I am currently wiping it (chose the 'safe' option, so it takes ages). What would be the best way to make sure the drive isn't bad (test it)? I suspect a cable issue that caused it but I am not 100% sure.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!