Migrate from AUFS plugin to UnionFilesystems - any issues?

• Hi,

I've been running OMV with an AUFS pool for quite a while now, but today I realized that the AUFS plugin has been abandoned in favor of the new UnionFilesystems pluing.

But I can't find any information regarding migration?
    Is it just a matter of deleting the old AUFS plugin, and installing the new one?

Will I have to set up my pools again, or will they be auto-detected?

Thanks in advance!

Atom 330 @ 1.6GHz, 4GB RAM
    2x3TB Data, 1x3TB Parity, SnapRAID + AUFS pool
    Latest OMV running on custom Debain Wheezy, 3.14 Backports kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

The new plugin is quite a bit different and will need shared folders recreated and setup differently (hard to say exactly what changes are need because every setup is different). While I probably won't make any changes to the old plugin, there really isn't much need to move to the new one.

Try the migration in a VM and you will see what I am talking about. I switched myself and had no issues.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Allright, I think I'll just wait until I have to upgrade hardware, since I don't have any spare room for new disks.
    But thanks for the info :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why would you need new disks? aufs just sits on top of the filesystem. You can make all of these changes without losing data. You just can't use the existing shared folders in the web interface. You have to create new ones and just select the existing folders.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Oh, the new disks were not in relation to AUFS - it was just because adding new disks is a project, which will give me time to tinker with AUFS as well ;)

But I think I might just wait for OverlayFS to be ready.. Who knows, as it stands right now it's a "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of thing :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!