Moving Data external USB HDD (ntfs) to AUFS

• Hi everybody,

first of all thanks to everybody who is helping out on this really amazing project. I've got omv running since 2 days and it's just awesome...

Nevertheless I am currently really frustrated with an seemingly easy issue:

I am running 4 Data HDDs in an AUFS-Pool. Additionally I have a 3TB data on an external USB hard drive (ntfs), which I want to copy/move onto my server. I plugged in the USB drive and mounted it. First I tried to use the USB Backup tool to sync my data, but it's throwing the following error:

Code
    Error #6000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Filesystem '/media/35f8e262-c4a8-4620-ae36-59ac6aa6c944' not found' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/usbbackup.inc:82
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceUsbBackup->getCandidates(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getCandidates', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('UsbBackup', 'getCandidates', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

Based on this thread (click me), this may be an open bug.

Next I tried to move the files via SSH and I am pretty sure I am doing something wrong.

My command where /dev/sdg1/ is my external (mounted) HDD and Test the folder with my data:

Code
    cp -R /dev/sdg1/Test/* media/35f8e262-c4a8-4620-ae36-59ac6aa6c944/Sync/

Then I get the following error

Code
    cp: cannot stat `/dev/sdg1/Test/*': Not a directory

I also tried /dev/sdg1/Test/.

Can someone please help me, on how to move data from my external ntfs usb drives to my server? I have a lot of data on my external drive and reeeally don't want to move them over the network, since it will take forever.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings
    A38

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!