OpenVPN client plugin

• Hello everyone.

I saw that OpenVPN-AS and OpenVPN plugin have been released.
    I'm wondering, is there any plan to develop a OpenVPN client plugin?

With many services being offering cheap VPN services (NordVPN, Astryll, PrivateInternetAccess, VyprVPN, IPredator, etc) and all of these offering OVPN capabilities, I'm wondering, wouldn't having a plugin to handle the connections be handy?
    Something like a webpage where you set username, password and upload or select an .ovpn file and then hit "conenct" / "disconnect". No need for openvpn-client to run as a service, I think that a manual process would suffice.
    Some providers, such as NordVPN offers a dedicated IP in some locations, so OVM WebUI would still be accessible even while connected to OpenVPN (through the new WAN IP).

What do you think?

Regards,
    Tommy

HP MicroServer Gen 8
    HP DL360e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2700

HP DL380e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2600

• Hi
    this has been discussed (and voted for) several times before in this forum.
    As far as I know nobody is working on this right now.
    I suggest that you look at this thread and make the required suggestions/requests there.
    FT

• Just voted, thanks. :)

Happy to put some efforts and time in developing it, if somebody is willing to give me some directions.

Thanks,
    Tommy

HP MicroServer Gen 8
    HP DL360e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2700

HP DL380e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2600

• Offizieller Beitrag

Look at the current openvpn server plugin code for help. I will try to answer questions but I don't use or know openvpn. I will have you added to developer forum.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!