wordpress install - beginner

• hi everyone,

I'm still a newbie with Linux and wondered if anyone can help install Wordpress. I've followed some threads that say you have to install mysql first, this is done, you get to the mysql login page.

Then i have clicked on wordpress and set a password for the mysql section and told it to install db. I just get "error occured".

Can someone please help me install wordpress, i love OMV and everything so far has been okay to setup. if you need any logs or results of command line, please ask just tell me what to run.

cheers

Andy :)

• For the creation of the db you have to enter the root-pw of your MySQL database at the field underlined with
    "Used only for installing Wordpress database and will not be saved".
    You can't set the database pw there.
    The root-pw of the MySQL database is set in the MySQL plugin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you login as root to the mysql admin page (button on mysql plugin)?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• hi everyone

I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled. I've renabled wordpress.

I set up a share folder (wordpress) and given access to me,admin and mysql for read/write.
    i've changed bind ip to 0.0.0.0 (though the machine i use is 192.168.1.200)

Once i clicked enable or change root password on mysql, i now get this error:
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'mysql' start 2>&1': Warning: World-writable config file

this any use to you?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you give mysql its own new shared folder that you are not using with anything else?

To fix the warning, run the following as root: chmod 644/etc/mysql/conf.d/openmediavault-mysql.cnf

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• hi

yes setup again a new folder (wordpress2), ran the chmod too. Ihave manually tried service to no avail

back on this error:
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'mysql' start 2>&1': Starting MySQL database server:

I have tried the webpage (192.168.1.200/mysql) and gives usual 404 error (nginx). Why is nginx here, shouldnt it be apache?

aNDY

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to purge the mysql plugin and server, delete the mysql user and configs. Read this too
    apt-get purge mysql-server mysql-client mysql-common
    rm -rfv /etc/mysql /var/lib/mysql
    userdel mysql
    reboot
    Then reinstall from the web interface. Use a new shared folder - not the one you created before.

OMV started using nginx with version 0.6.0.10

• hi there
    Thanks for help, unfortunately after following instructions im back with same issue, after fresh install every time i change and hit save i get error occured - thats it.

If i open https://192.168.1.200/mysql the page opens and asks for logon details. I've tried root and my password, i've tried the default wordpress generated ones too. Always says database connection failed to server. What username and password am i supposed to be using - its not clear.

I get 404 error if i try https://192.168.1.200/wordpressPlease can you help, its driving me mad, what am i doing wrong?

Is everything working and another plugin is causing the error occuredd?

Andy

• Offizieller Beitrag

The fact that it is asking for login details is good. Did you reset the mysql root password? Once you do that, you will login with root and the password. That will tell you mysql is working and what credentials to put in the wordpress plugin.

If that doesn't work, I would need to login using Teamviewer to set it up correctly.

• hi

Yes i tried resetting the root password, i thought you had to login as root - i tried root and my account with no luck. Whenever i click save or apply changes i get error occurred.

Is there a command line to change the password, so i can try this and logging on.

If you can get back with that i would like to try that before doing a teamviewer session.

appreciate help, what i love about linux, i work in windows helpdesk environment, its very different!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here is how you reset the password from the command line (as root):

Stop mysql and start in safe mode
    service mysql stop
    mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables
    mysql -u root
    Then execute the following two queries:
    UPDATE mysql.user SET Password=PASSWORD('password') WHERE User='root';
    FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
    Then restart mysql
    service mysql start

• hi ryecoaaron

Finally once got mysql working, wordpress seemed to install, i wouldnt say it was intuitive but hey its all done free.

I would just like to say i'm so greatful for your help, i hope karma comes around and you have a smile on your face. I'm trying to use my diy NAS build for all sorts of services (love owncloud). My next ones are VPN and r-sync, maybe see you on the forums.

Thank you

Andy :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!