snapraid + aufs = problems with parity disc and filesystem reports multiply-claimed blocks

• Problems setting up my first snapraid + aufs which contains 3x3TB discs at the moment, 1 parity and 2 data + content configured in snapraid (running OMV) also created an aufs partition from the 2 data discs.
    I filled up the aufs partition with about 1.5TB of data and restarted the box (power outage and UPS installation) now after restart I receive error messages when booting and doing automatic fs check as below:
    (the data drives are filled with backed up data that is replaceable so no worries there)

OK, I managed to circumvent that with ctrl+d since I did not want to mess it up more with fsck so I booted and did a snapraid sync and this follows:

after this follows about 100k lines of outofparity messages as below and which ends with:

Zitat

outofparity /media/d4873045-bedf-416c-b228-245599be44dc/xxx//xxx/Tagged Image File/601-664/file661.TIF
    WARNING! Without an accessible Parity file, it isn't possible to sync.

So now I am running fsck now on the unmounted 3TB1 drive, and it's been running for 3 hours now, can I expect this to take long?
    Is it ok that I answered yes to the questions posed?
    Is it normal that the snapraid.parity file has "multiply-claimed blocks" ?

See output below:

So now I have no idea what to do nor what I am doing, I have tried googling but I'm having a hard time finding someone who has the same problem, so now I turn to these forums, could someone enlighten me to where I am failing?

Thank you all in advance and sorry for the wall of text and logs.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would say you need to fsck all three drives to fix that problem. You can delete any .wh..wh files/directories. After that snapraid should be ok.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Allright, I will fsck all the drives, although only the one marked for parity reported errors.
    Did I do the right thing in "cloning multiply-claimed blocks" or is this a familiar "fix" for such problems?
    have you heard about these kinds of problems before?

about the .wh..wh files/directories - can I delete them from all of the drives? what are they for?

hopefully fsck will fix any errors now and it wont take forever to finish, and afterwards I hope my snapraid sync will run without hiccups.
    *fingers crossed*

• Offizieller Beitrag

I haven't seen the cloning problem before. It is a filesystem issue not aufs or snapraid.

The .wh..wh files are temporary files aufs uses.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Allright, will wait for the fsck to finish then and hopefully get back on track.
    Will post here if or when it all starts working as it should.
    Thanks for now!

• I am actually still waiting for fsck to finish, its been almost 4 days now.
    Is this normal? I mean can I cancel it or will it eventually finish with "Clone multiply-claimed blocks<y>?"

What to do?

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is too long for it unless there are serious drive problems. I've never been in that situation. Not sure what to do now.

• I killed it, wiped the parity partition and made a new sync.
    Seems to be working as it should now, gonna put some more data on the array and add another 3TB later today and see if it works as it should after that sync.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!