Plugin Docker

• For now, I use dockerui, that works fine and it's simple ... I would develop another tab to configure the default storage for container for decker, after that for each openmediavault-docker-{plugin} I would have a tab to configure some elements for docker too (for example, I'm on transmission stuff and I want to configure directory and other things like ports for docker mapping. After, speed limits and Co will be customized by Transmission UI directly . If someone want to integrate all in OpenMediaVault webUI source will be on github ;) !

I think I will create some docker-plugins like :
    - Transmission
    - Calibre
    - LMS
    - OwnCloud
    - TeamPass
    - Shaarli/ShaarliSQL
    - LeBonCoinRSS
    - A SMTP Server with WebUI (don't know which ... ?)

If some of you want to made one of them, let me know ! If you have other idea (it's better if the app already exists on docker hub ...) say it here !

• Hi,

unfortunately i can't find the dockerUI. I have installed the backport kernel, restarted, checked the docker boxes in omv-extra but i can't find it anywhere.
    Any hint what i need to do to get it installed?

• @oddity : it should be working ! after that the container expose the vnc port 5900 to let you access to the gui like local install ...
    @suprstar : it seems packages are not yet on OMV repository ... if you're ok with that, you could install temporary package openmediavault-docker-repo or just add docker repository in your source.list like this :

Code
    $ wget https://get.docker.com/gpg
        # apt-key add gpg
        # echo "deb ${url}ubuntu docker main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list
    #apt-get update
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I didn't put the plugin in the repo yet. I thought it was a little early yet.

OMV extras adds the docker repo when you enable the docker repo in omv-extras. No need to manually update it.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Like I said, I didn't put the plugin in the repo. It is in the omv 2.0 (stoneburner) docker-testing repo now. Use at your own risk.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Hi folks !

Have you any template or sample to have a configuration page for a docker plugin ?
    I would like to be able to edit an config file for a dockerized application then creat container from this page ...

Thanks in advance !

• A mix between these ideas ...
    I think, I'll keep the docker plugin like actually, then create new one for LMS for example and be able to configure some config like forward port, mapping for directory between host and container, then the possibility to create the container with these options.
    Then the start/stop should be manage by dockerUI or shipyard provides by docker plugin.

If you have better ideas, I listen !

• I think a config tab would be a good idea. I got some ideas like setting the default folder to use a shared folder, add an "enable" checkbox. As for containers, I dont see a reason not to have both DockerUI and Shipyard. We can add buttons to launch each one separately in new windows. If you use the VDR plugin, that will give you a general idea what I am talking about. Keep DockerUI as the default window you see in the plugin. I think it gives you the general information you need to know and to start/stop containers. Use Shipyard to create your own containers. At least that is my experience with it sofar as I am new to Docker as well. I'll be glad to help out when I can. Looking forward to seeing your plugin develop more. :)

• hello everyone,
    I would like to try the docker plugin and get to use docker a bit more over virtualbox which I have not installed since rebuilding my HP Gen8, are the install instructions earlier in this thread still valid ?
    I still do not see the plugin in the repo when I refreshed it last night, but at this point I do not have the 3.16 kernel installed yet, which I assume is a pre req ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The docker plugin is only in the OMV 2.x docker-testing repo.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Should work just fine if installed on 1.x.

• it installed ok, but it seems after a reboot its not longer working, in the plugin gui i get :

Code
    502 Bad Gateway

i tried restarting dockerui with

Code
    docker run -d -p 9000:9200 --privileged -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock abh1nav/dockerui

but still no joy, is this the right way to restart it ?
    (a reboot didnt start it either)

docker ps shows me

Code
    CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                     COMMAND             CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                              NAMES
    87d5a693fe18        abh1nav/dockerui:latest   "./dockerui"        6 minutes ago       Up 5 minutes        9000/tcp, 0.0.0.0:9000->9200/tcp   goofy_sammet
  • I just installed this plugin to become more familiar with docker. How can I install images from the Docker Hub? Can I do it via the terminal or is there a way to do it from within the DockerUI?

• ok I see I may have done it the wrong way around with the exposed port, looks like it should be :

docker run --restart=always -d -p 9200:9000 -v /var/run/docker.sock:/docker.sock --name dockerui abh1nav/dockerui:latest -e="/docker.sock"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!