Cant update system and/or install OMV-Extras

• Greetings everyone!

I just installed OMV 1.9 on my machine but I cannot update the system trough the WebGUI nor CLI.
    My other problem is that I cant install OMV-Extras.org.

When I hit check I get this error message:

and when I try to install OMV-Extras:

Code
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get update 2>&1': E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
    E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/apt.inc:276
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceApt->update(NULL, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('update', NULL, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Apt', 'update', NULL, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

Thanks in advance.

• After hours of searching and brainstorming I found out and solved the problem:

Apt-get couldnt communicate with the repos, gave me "Could not resolve host … No address associated with hostname" errors, even that I set up my DNS in the GUI.

Then I found this.

I fired up WinSCP and checked the mentioned file, and I found out it was contained wrong DNS IPs somehow.

I edited then run

Code
    sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart

And then Apt-get update worked flawlessly.

I hope it will help somebody who`s in my shoes.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!