VDR service not running any more

• The last days I installed rsync and played arround with plex, but did not touch in any way vdr, only used it for recording. Now from one day to another it's not running any more.
    I like this service very much, so please can someone help me?!

Edit: Please excuse, I forgot that I changed the record folder to a different disk. That was the problem, which I think I have solved as vdr is running, but I can make a timer and all, but there is no recording. LIve shows me a timer conflict, but I have set only one single timer.
    Any ideas?

• Can anbody help me please!
    I was so proud to get vdr running and now everything is confusing, or makes no sense, at least for me.
    VDR and VDR admin service is running. The EPG informations are there.
    I performed a channel search just for testing

Code
    ***** NO USEABLE SATELLITE CARD FOUND. *****
    Please check wether dvb driver is loaded and
    verify that no dvb application (i.e. vdr) is running.
    Fertig ...

(vdr was not running at search)
    How can that be? I thought EPG informations are coming from the card?

Further

and

Code
    root@NAS:~# femon -H                                                                                                                                         
    opening frontend failed: No such file or directory
  • could the cause of my problems be this?

Code
    ERROR (dvbdevice.c,1085): /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0: Keine Berechtigung

==> no permission

or this

Code
    ERROR: Unable to load cert/key (/var/lib/vdr/plugins/live/live.pem//var/lib/vdr/plugins/live/live-key.pem): Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
  • It's hard to tell, but from what I can see I guess VDR isn't starting because there's no DVB device available. Why that is, is more difficult to say.

Have you tried rebooting the server and unplugging and plugging the device in again? I had a card which on earlier kernels only worked when it was found in a cold state. Did by any chance build the DVB driver yourself and then upgraded the kernel? Then you would need to rebuild the driver for example. :)

For future reference, try running cat /var/log/syslog | grep -i vdr and you'll hopefully see why VDR isn't starting.

• Thanks HK-47, you let me feel like no Solo Entertainer ;)

Zitat

Have you tried rebooting the server and unplugging and plugging the device in again?

I have tried almost everything (I also read someware the "cold state issue"). Currently I triy another TV-card, which I took out of my PC. Same problem.

Zitat

For future reference, try running cat /var/log/syslog | grep -i vdr and you'll hopefully see why VDR isn't starting.

More or less, I already posted the syslog, at least the parts, I see as important. But here it is again

Code
    root@NAS:~# cat /var/log/syslog | grep -i vdr                                                                                                                                                                  
    May  5 09:03:30 NAS vdr: [2867] [live] INFO: validating server ip '0.0.0.0'                                                                                                                                    
    May  5 09:03:30 NAS vdr: [2867] ERROR (dvbdevice.c,1085): /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0: Keine Berechtigung                                                                                                      
    May  5 09:03:30 NAS vdr: [2914] [discovery] UDP broadcast send failed (discovery)                                                                                                                              
    May  5 09:03:30 NAS vdr: [2914] [discovery]    (ERROR (tools/vdrdiscovery.c,97): Das Netzwerk ist nicht erreichbar)                                                                                            
    May  5 09:03:30 NAS vdr: [2912] [live] INFO: attempt to listen on ip = '0.0.0.0'                                                                                                                               
    May  5 09:03:30 NAS vdr: [2912] [live] ERROR: Unable to load cert/key (/var/lib/vdr/plugins/live/live.pem//var/lib/vdr/plugins/live/live-key.pem): Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden                       
    May  5 09:03:30 NAS vdr: [2867] ERROR (lirc.c,45): /var/run/lirc/lircd: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden                                                                                                  
    May  5 09:03:30 NAS vdr: [2867] ERROR: remote control LIRC not ready!

I think the second line "permission denied" is the show stopper.
    as currently everything seems to work, card is recocnized, VDR is running, EPG information is there, but no signal.
    Again, at this moment I use the same card, same cable, which is working on PC(Linux and Windows)
    The reason must be somewhere in the NAS.

• As simple as it is

via Winscp I set the permissions of /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 to full read/write for all users then
    I stop/start vdr as root

Code
    root@NAS:~# service vdr stop
    stopping Linux Video Disk Recorder: vdr.                                                                                                                                                                       
    root@NAS:~# service vdr start                                                                                                                                                                                  
    Starting Linux Video Disk Recorder: vdr

the message in regards to permission is gone

Code
    root@NAS:~# cat /var/log/syslog | grep -i vdr 
    May  5 10:48:43 NAS vdr: [7427] [live] INFO: validating server ip '0.0.0.0'                                                                                                                                    
    May  5 10:48:43 NAS vdr: [7435] [live] INFO: attempt to listen on ip = '0.0.0.0'                                                                                                                               
    May  5 10:48:43 NAS vdr: [7435] [live] ERROR: Unable to load cert/key (/var/lib/vdr/plugins/live/live.pem//var/lib/vdr/plugins/live/live-key.pem): Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden                       
    May  5 10:48:43 NAS vdr: [7427] ERROR (lirc.c,45): /var/run/lirc/lircd: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden                                                                                                  
    May  5 10:48:43 NAS vdr: [7427] ERROR: remote control LIRC not ready!

Signal is there

Code
    root@NAS:~# femon -H                                                                                                                                                                                           
    FE: Montage Technology DS3000 (DVBS)                                                                                                                                                                           
    status       | signal  56% | snr  99% | ber -5 | unc 65531 |                                                                                                                                                   
    status       | signal  56% | snr  99% | ber -5 | unc 0 |                                                                                                                                                       

How can I fix this?

• Hope I found the solution. At this moment everything works
    I created file 62-dvb.rules in /etc/udev/rules.d
    with content

Code
    ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="dvb", ENV{DVB_DEVICE_TYPE}!="", GROUP="vdr", MODE="666"

I still have two messages where I do not know what they mean

Code
    May  5 19:07:36 NAS vdr: [2902] [discovery] UDP broadcast send failed (discovery)                                                                            
    May  5 19:07:36 NAS vdr: [2902] [discovery]    (ERROR (tools/vdrdiscovery.c,97): Das Netzwerk ist nicht erreichbar)

but I haven't found any problem in function of VDR

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!