At least 2 Disk Failed in RAID5. HELP!

• So, I have a 7 disk array in RAID5. One of those was a hot spare. I had a disk fail. When I went to remove it from the array, the array did not rebuild itself as I had a failed spare as well. I turned the NAS off and went through until I had found the correct drives that needed to be replaced. I made sure everything was back in place and rebooted. One of my good disks was not detected in the reboot, and so the RAID array was not there. I shut it back down and reconnected everything once again. All of my disks are being read now, including the two failed drives. Can I be helped when my extra drive comes in? Or did I basically have a 3 disk failure in RAID5 and all hope is lost? I don't have a backup.. ;(

• Since you had 1 drive fail and your hot spare was also a failed drive, you have lost all of your data most cetainly. :(

That's certainly my fear. However, nothing was apparently wrong up until I rebooted with a loose connection on my good drive. I'm hoping someone can show me some command line magic.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!