mhddfs Question

• I was hoping for someone with more insight to this matter to comment on my question please. Lets say I setup pooling with mhddfs and use either the % or specific size in GB to limit the data written to one drive. For example let me say I have 2 x 20GB hdd and setup mhddfs and have a threshold of 50%.

Zitat

If a drive has the free space less than the threshold specified then another drive will be chosen while creating a new file. If all the drives have free space less than the threshold specified then a drive containing most free space will be chosen.

what will happen if I copy a file of lets say 12GB to the pool if the pool has space available for that 12GB file but that file cannot fit on either drive (each already filled with 13GB of data) because there is not enough space on them if you seperate them. Will mhddfs split the file? I hope this makes sense.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Think of the threshold as a soft or suggested limit. If you copy two 12 gb files to the pool, it will write one file to one drive and one file to the other drive. It never splits a file. If you put 100% for threshold in the field, it will write files to the drive with the most free space every time (like aufs).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ok. What if you copy a folder with many folders and files. Does it check the folder size and say due to the size it must go to drive x or does it look at each file separately? If a disk fails, many files may be scattered all around. That is if no parity disk was present.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It looks at each file. So, a folder could be split up. To me, this isn't a problem if you are always going to pool the files. rsync could always fix as well.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you rsync two drives, it would sync the two drives.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!