OMV hangs on boot

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes but my hard disk is 2 tb used and if i want to mount split image to it, then it will formatted, so i went through pen drive mode. :P

I tried using two different micro sd cards and two different pen drives also ...still struggling.. ?(:/

Your 2tb will have a partition on it. You can always add more partitions for use a data partitions.

I would stop trying things. It probably isn't what you are doing. Once I run a few tests (later), I will know for sure. Output from the screen is very helpful.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just tried boot with a hard drive attached. It works. I will try an additional drive and a split image.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Zitat

Your 2tb will have a partition on it. You can always add more partitions for use a data partitions.

I would stop trying things. It probably isn't what you are doing. Once I run a few tests (later), I will know for sure. Output from the screen is very helpful.

Thank you again.. :)

Yes , My 3Tb hard disk has 2 Partition on it. And it is almost 2 TB used.
    So if I want to use the hard disk as a boot partition or OS partition .. how can I use it without formatting it?? :P
    Sorry I am little beginner..so..

Ok then I'll try to attach the display at my college projector ;) and let you know the output screen by today. :)

So what combo should I use here?? I have very frequent power cuts , 8GB class 10 MMC, 2GB class4 MMC, 32GB class4 mmc, 1 TB Segate Goflex
    Freeagent (800GB used), 3TB WD my book storage (2 partition, 1+2), 3 pen drives. :)
    I just need NAS service only.

• Hello there..

I have attached screen. Before attaching the external hard drive or any other pen drive it booted successful I think..
    I've got this screen at that time

After that I disconnected the power, attached one more pen drive and tried to boot and I got this..

I have used split version of OMV
    with MMC and Pen drive combo.

So ?? Is it indicating something??
    I am little poor at programming .. :P

• Offizieller Beitrag

The kernel is crashing from something but it is hard to tell what. Can you try the single image 1.6a on a single sd card and just the 1 tb drive?

• Hi I just mounted OMV 1.6 on 32GB MMC its surviving reboot but Crashed once at one power cut.. 8o
    May be problem with 8GB mmc .. or dont know..
    anyways I ll report back ..
    For now, going with the same configuration..

Thanks a lot.. :thumbup:

BDW is there any chace that frequent power cut can crash OS and lead to boot problem??
    and Can I install Tonido server on this system??
    and what is the advantage of split image of OS which I was using (OMV 1.9) rather than OMV 1.6 single image ??

Sorry .. too many questions...
    But I am just curious ... :P
    Thank you...

• Offizieller Beitrag

When you say power cut, are you not shutting it down before unplugging the usb power to the RPi?

If you can install Tonido on Debian Wheezy, you can install on OMV.

The advantage of the split image is that the OS is on a hard drive and you won't wear out SD cards (which will happen quickly).

• When you say power cut, are you not shutting it down before unplugging the usb power to the RPi?

Thanks for a reply.. :thumbup:
    Yes I am not shutting it down.. Just all of a sudden power is cut... :P

The advantage of the split image is that the OS is on a hard drive and you won't wear out SD cards (which will happen quickly).

Oh =O ... So can I go with split images in my case... with that kernal problem? :|

• hi,

how is the status of

Code
    update-rc.d quota disable

is it planned to be added to 2.0 to be optional, I have 9TB managed and a reboot is really painful if it is not disabled manually before. Especially I do not use quotas at all.

Thanks

• I have 54 TB so far on my OMV system. Takes about a day to restart my system. X( It is meaningless having it on buy deafault.
    Have an option in GUI to enable it or disable it. I had it disabled on the system but not in recovery mode. No im waiting for the recovery consol, stuck at quotas checking.
    Gues it will be an total reinstall of OMV now since im not shure i would want to wait, :cursing:

• well, same here, over 20TB, hangs during checking quote. This can take forver.

What can be done to make this quicker?
    Unplug storage and reboot? LiveCD and change fstab entry?

edit: ok I was patient enough, it took about 45 minutes...

• Hi,

Old topic but always actual problem. In case that can help someone :
    - Remove/Unplug all HDD
    - Reboot OMV
    - It should boot wihtout problem
    - Now in web admin just shutdown OMV normally
    - Replug all HDD
    - Start OMV
    - All should be fine now, without any error..

8)

• The below worked for me. Note that I did have to unplug my external hard drives in order to boot into OMV. Apparently these drives were having their quota checked. As soon as I got the command line, logged in, did 'update-rc.d quota disable', plugged in external hard drives, rebooted, and everything worked fine. Happy not to have had to reinstall fresh.

:)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!