Root Filesystem

• Hello,

I am trying to give OMV a shot on my bananapi. So i went ahead and installed it on a fresh Bananian install. ( Debian Wheezy)
    But how does the thing with the filesystems work?

If i want to create a Shared folder i cant select a Volume
    :

If i look at my filesystems. My root is listed (the second one) :

am i missing something ?

thanks in advance

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can't add a shared folder to the root filesystem. You need to add another disc (or add another partition) and mount it in the web interface.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can't be done. You wouldn't want the main OMV files accessible via shared folder anyway.

If you want to add files to the web server (nginx), install the openmediavault-nginx plugin. Move the OMV web interface to a different port. Create a server in the nginx plugin and use port 80. You will specify a shared folder for that web server root and you can add files/folders to that.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why is it sad? What are you trying to do?

OMV's design separates the OS and data. If your OS drive fails, you won't lose any data. If you change any of the OMV web interface files, it will revert the changes with the next update.

• You can use symbolic links to pull anything from a data drive. Only problem is if you are dealing with an executable, data drives mounted noexec. But that would not be the case with stuff in www.

If he is sad he needs to learn.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You shouldn't need to execute an executable file in a shared folder used by the nginx plugin (or /var/www for that matter). If you are calling it from a web page/script, it could be in /usr/bin or somewhere executable.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!