RPi 2(RTC module): from unruly Stepchild to Wunderkind

• I would suggest (for any future orders) asking the reseller if the battery is included. I've noticed resellers are using stock pictures which show a battery but sometimes further down in the description they will say no battery. The one's that don't say, which I've asked so far, have said no battery. I gave up in the end and ordered some batteries from another reseller, strangely it wasn't a problem to post them.

New Zealand has regulations for posting Lithium batteries. https://www.nzpost.co.nz/perso…ohibited-restricted-items

• I'm using a desktop, and my rtcwake email notifications always sent wrong time stamp.
    Let say it woke up at 4PM ET local time, the email notification displayed 20:00.
    How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• I'm not using a RPI2.
    I figure maybe the settings is similar to my server.
    Instead create a new thread, I think maybe you guys can help me.
    If I'm fix my BIOS clock, then my OMV clock is incorrect.
    Then after I updated OMV clock via web gui to my local time, then my BIOS clock went back to wrong time.
    In summary, it overwrites each other.
    I know that rtcwake using OMV time, not BIOS clock, but I don't how make to make their time sync together.
    By the way, I've tried rtcwake via web gui, and crontab via CLI.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Looking forward to a Rpi image with the RTC clock supported.

I wonder if it will work with the Rpi 1 model B.

That way I can use the earlier units for the server.

I have every version of the Rpi from the 256 meg to the Rpi2, I would be happy to test the RTC image.

Rich Prim

@ryecoaaron

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have lots of RPis as well. Just don't know where they are after moving. Haven't had much time either.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• My RPi 2 has been running just shy of a year now with the RTC Module. Had no major problems and very happy with it. The only minor issue I had was I lost 3 months of graphs last year on a power failure, it's not on battery backup. I added a weekly cron job to reboot. Now the most data I can lose on the graphs is 7 days or less.

• Do anyone knows how this guide is working on a BananaPi, because raspi-config is not the same there:

Thank you.
    Greetings Elluminatus

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    OMV 1: Asrock Q1900M - 8 GB Ram - 320 GB Boot Disk - 3 * 3 TB WD RED Data
    OMV 4.1.6 - Kernel 4.16.0.0 | Plugins: n.n.

• @tekkb What exactly do you mean by that? I didn´t get it... I have ordered a RTC Module on Ebay and hope to get it working on the BPi. The seller told me it is fully compatible to raspberry, orange or banana Pi...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I thought I saw one forum member say there was a problem getting the RTC module working but maybe I am wrong. I can't remember for sure. Let us know if you get it working and maybe you can tell us what adjustments are needed to the guide for the BPi.

• Hi,

back again with a rtc working on my banana pi. You can follow the steps of the guide.
    The rtc-ds1307 is implemented in the kernel when you use OMV 2.x or higher, see this doku:

https://dev.bananian.org/view.php?id=108

But instead of:

Simply use

Code
    sudo modprobe spi-sun7i

to enable i2c and spi

see the bananaPi FAQ here:

http://wiki.lemaker.org/BananaPro/Pi:FAQs

When you put on the module the best view how to do this is this picture:

On BananaPi use

Code
    i2cdetect -y 2

to see if it works correctly. See this link for more information:
    http://forum.lemaker.org/threa…ith_rtc_and_bananapi.html
    Hope you can enjoy your RTC on your BananaPi

Greetings Elluminatus

• @Elluminatus Thanks for the info. You should be using the flash memory plugin as well if you are not. I reboot my RPi 2 once a week so if there is a power loss only 7 days or less of graphs, or logs, will be lost. When was first using the RTC module sometimes I would get huge gaps in my graph data, say if there was a power loss after 3 months. The flash memory plugin only writes to disk on a shutdown, or reboot. You can add a reboot job in the Web GUI @ System / Power Management and then Scheduled Jobs TAB.

• Hi tekkb,

thank for your hint, i´m using flash memory plugin, thank you.

But it seem like im too early happy. After shuting the bananapi down overnight now my "date" command shows me

Zitat

root@Hermes:~# date
    Fr 1. Jan 01:19:59 CET 2010

But I got still the right output here:

Don´t know what happend...

Greetings Elluminatus

• Maybe this will help... I don't have a bpi or I would help you more.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• I will try this.

Something seems to be unusual

Zitat

root@Hermes:~# service ntp restart
    Stopping NTP server: ntpdstart-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 2191: No such process
    Starting NTP server: ntpd.

Zitat

root@Hermes:~# ntpq -p
    ntpq: read: Connection refused

and that too:

Is this okay?

Greetings Elluminatus

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Elluminatus ()

• Zitat

root@Hermes:~# id ntp
    uid=101(ntp) gid=103(ntp) Gruppen=103(ntp)

Now I powered down the BPi for 10 min and after restart it shows me the same old Date

Zitat

Fr 1. Jan 01:04:53 CET 2010

but with hwclock -s -f /dev/rtc1 it changes the time

Zitat

root@Hermes:~# hwclock -s -f /dev/rtc1
    Sa 21. Mai 16:08:51 CEST 2016

And i found this entries:

Is this correct because I think my rtc ist not rtc0. It is rtc1?

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Elluminatus ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!