Unable to open existing files (Using Raspberry pi image)

• Good day
    I have used a raspberry pi for years now as a NAS. I've read about the OMV for the Raspberry and decided to give it a try.
    I used an image, copied it to my SD, plugged in and it worked.
    The web GUI is there, I can set up things and even SSH in with putty.

I had no problem changing my IP to static, and setting up the disk. I've followed instructions and set my old disk as a SAMBA share. Again it seems fine, until I try and access the disk. Supplying password and username, and the share open (in Windows) but there are no files.

Here is a summary of what I did.
    Storage >> file systems ---mounted disk
    Access right management >> User ---add user, change privilages to read/write. I changed nothinig under the Settings tab
    Access rights managent >> Shared folders --- added folder by selecting the volume, so my path is "Linux/" Under privelages tab I add read/write to user "all"
    Services >> SMB/CIFS --- Changed workgroup to MSHOME (That is what everyone use on our network, so I kept it as usual) Ticked Enable. Under "Shares" tab I can only pick "Linux" under "shared folder" Gave it a name, set "browseable" Set "enable" and left "Hide dot file" as set.
    Beween steps, I've saved and applied settings.

Following the above steps, I browse for another folder under "Linux" and add it. but then I run into trouble to access the folder. It says access denied. The folder again shows up in the browser. I do not get a permission error with the Linux root folder.

Is there perhaps a setting I miss? Perhaps the problem lies with my windows?

• Try this:

apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get rpi-update

The image may not have all the drivers for your specific pi so that may help. The rpi image is using a newer version of samba. I had issues with it til I added a RTC (Real Time Clock).

See here:

RPi 2(RTC module): from unruly Stepchild to Wunderkind

I was on a Windows 8.1 machine and maybe it won't work with a share if it knows there is an issue with the time. Not sure yet. Just know what made it work.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I highly recommend not using rpi-update. It has severely messed up things before.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

This time... You never know if you are going to get a bad update and/or firmware. It is like using an experimental repo. I've had it crash my images quite a few times. Doesn't matter if it is an RPi or RPi2 either.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!