can't remove shared folder - how to safely edit config.xml?

• I'm running OMV 1.19 on an ARM system. It's been working fine, but currently I wanted to remove a data drive. Seems simple but after disabling every service (except SSH) and UN-installing every single plug-in I still can not "delete" the shared folder associated with this drive.

There are only two references to this drive's UUID in the config.xml file listed as below. I tried to edit the config.xml file but only ended up creating errors because I don't fully understand the language and formatting and had to revert the changes.

What do I need to do to safely remove this drive from the system? I'm frustrated at myself because I can't figure this out. Please help.

Code
    root@debian:/# cat /etc/openmediavault/config.xml | grep 8965d046-07cc-4c9f-ac8b-029bb33e4638
            <fsname>8965d046-07cc-4c9f-ac8b-029bb33e4638</fsname>
            <dir>/media/8965d046-07cc-4c9f-ac8b-029bb33e4638</dir>
    root@debian:/#
  • Always backup the config.xml before editing:

cd /etc/openmediavault
    cp config.xml config.bk

Before you do that go to Access Right Management/User

Then below highlight each user and click on the Settings TAB above. See if any of the users have a home directory set. Take off the check mark and set it to none. Then click on save/apply.

If you find a user/s that had a home directory set to that drive it may be the issue. Now try to delete the share.

After you have been using OMV longer you will get better at finding the problem.

• Currently there is only one user account listed under Access Right Management and for the home directory field is disabled with Location and "None" under Settings.

I'm not sure what exactly if anything is actually using this data mount.

I'd really like to be able to fix this without re-installing everything from scratch.

Any ideas, or do I have manually edit the config.xml to forcefully remove all references to this drive?

Thanks for your help.

• Does anyone have an idea on how exactly I can safely (or forcefully) remove this data drive?

I'm fine with editing the config.xml but I'm not quite sure what exactly that I can safely remove.

I really don't want to blow away the whole installation just because of this one issue.

Thanks for your help.

• If you do a logupload and tell us which drive you wanne remove we can take a ppek at it.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I'm not sure if the log upload succeeded or not, but the log ID is: EVYbkMxb.

the UUID of the drive I'd like to remove is 8965d046-07cc-4c9f-ac8b-029bb33e4638 which is also /dev/sdb1.

Thanks for your help.

• Update!

I just found the problem on why I couldn't delete the drive from Shared Folders.

Under Services, TFTP; it seems that this same data drive was listed as the active share path even though I've never activated TFTP.

Once this TFTP shared folder was changed to "None" and saved, then I was able to remove the data successfully.

I figured this was simple, but I looked and looked for the solution and just couldn't find it, especially since I never used TFTP.

Thanks for the help.

• You will get better at solving these problems. They are a pain. It was definitely solvable. It takes a lot of time if one of the mods has to go onto a person's machine to help. We do this from time to time but we need to have time to do it. I have been busy this weekend. I was at the office and gfs yesterday. Today I'm going back to the office for a while. We all have lives....

Glad you found it... :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!