PHP5 updates failed unable to access webGUI

• I encountered a failed installation of the php5 updates that appeared today. After the failure I was unable to access my OMV server via the web GUI. I am able to SSH into the server but as I am a Linux noob, I'm not certain what I can do to rectify the situation. When I ran omv-firstaid to 'repair' the web access I encountered php5 errors and had the terminal session freeze/lock-up. I was able to generate a system info report which I saved to USB. I can attach it, if necessary. I did a search of the forum but I was unable to find any threads with a similar problem.

• I am unable to access the Web GUI after the libcups2 1.5.3-5+deb7u6 update, the PHP5 update worked for me without a problem... so your issue might be the same as mine...

Did you see any of these in the update box?

================= Error =================
    =========================================

================= Error =================
    =========================================

OMV 6.x
    Supermicro X9DRH-7F
    2X-XEON E5-2660V2
    128GB PC3-10600R ECC REG
    Supermicro SATA DOM 64GB
    Areca ARC-1883IX-24
    24X - WD WD80EFZX
    NORCO RPC-4224 4U
    Eaton 5PX 1500

• Offizieller Beitrag

This happens also to a test system from me. After updating the packages via webgui I was not able to access it anymore. Via ssh I saw that the openmediavault package was marked as removed. You have to execute the following command to fix that:

# apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault

• Offizieller Beitrag

I saw the error message on many systems when upgrading today but none of them caused any problems. Any idea what problem others are having?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Uncertain if this is related, but around about the time I did the PHP package upgrades, my server started running at a steady 60% CPU usage. Top two culprits are PHP (32-34%) and MySQL (13-15%). Reboot did not solve it, so I'm here looking around to see what might be the issue.

I did see the ERROR messages, but since there wasn't any apparent problem at the time, I shrugged it off.

EDIT: Correction, about 5-10 minutes after the reboot, the CPU usage dropped back to normal levels.

• I did see the error messages mikebetz42 mentioned. I'll try votdev's suggestion in a few minutes and report back with the results of that effort. As an aside note, OMV does seem to be running properly and the files and some of the services running on it seem to be accessible from other network computers.

• I just ran the apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault votdev mentioned and it did nothing to correct the web access issue for me. I have cleared my browser cache and I also ran the apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-missing --auto-remove --allow-unauthenticated --show-upgraded --option DPkg::Options::=--force-confold install openmediavault php5-cgi php5-cli php5-common php5-fpm votdev referenced in his successful updates on his production server. The command output indicated the openmediavault php5-cgi php5-cli php5-common php5-fpm were already at the latest version (sorry I didn't do a screen capture of the terminal session).

When I try to access the webGui I eventually get an nginx 504 Gateway Time-out error. Any further suggestions on a suitable course of action would be greatly appreciated. I'll do some further searches on the forum for 504 errors.

• When I made the PHP 5 updates announced via Cron-Apt around the the 8th of June I also saw these Error messages in the update box several times. However, I rebooted the system afterwards and could not notice any apparent problem since then.
    But I still wonder what caused this Error messages.

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• Still working on gaining web access. I've made some progress... I now get a login screen but I encounter a communication failure timeout error. I followed some of the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the 'openmediavault GUI does not leave the option and password' thread (sorry I don't know how to link to the thread). I've determined nginx and openmediavault-engined are running but apache2 is not running. Not sure where to go from here.

• Still no further on my problem. I'm stuck at the login failing with a communication failure. I tried running omv-firstaid to change my WebGUI password and encountered the following php errors:

Updating WebGUI administrator password. Please wait ...
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20100525/mysql.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20100525/mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20100525/mysqli.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20100525/mysqli.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20100525/pdo_mysql.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20100525/pdo_mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Not sure how to proceed from here.

• After a system restart from CLI, I was able to gain access through the WebGUI. The PHP warnings mentioned in the post don't seem to be impeding things so I'll leave well enough alone, for now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!