Error saving ssh public key

• Greetings,

Recently my old 80gig maxtor pata drive started throwing read errors back at me, so I ordered a new 160 from Amazon. Downloaded and installed OMV 1.9 (as it was listed on the web site where the ISO resided) and installed it.. Downloaded and installed OMVextras. I have almost got it back to where it was before. Now I can not gain access to my shared folders. That may be related, but I don't think so. I followed the

Code
    Error #2002:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Invalid method parameter: 'ssh-rsa AAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQCrqI9n6EE0YspuZRoMrw2Z/6inUamc0cGJw/UeK9JYcl/Caa6VDo0SsNgWRciZ0H88aTpjsjpLXD3nPHmyQPz25tEcPHlE+ZRLyfqh9bQm85Xmb0Zdu979D8zv9dZ7AWBp4l1vWis6ynyCEjaI0aGpWctFbYGz8csAr7MQvrDSqzLqxWB2yDITIQDFBGcfffFAtBVJT/ttoudDkAn8nqGpzZdKk35sray44uaPs2nVewPfQKsycnQYpbJ0si60PiyZyoginh5ywvPCCC0ujyb4s8drmtR2MqQhX05d5MPA2O1js28R4Dx9pplzPzr6+aGh2+A+nalq71zwMEAik8yL my desktop' does not match '/^---- BEGIN SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ----(\n|\r|\f)(.+)(\n|\r|\f)---- END SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ----$/sm'' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc:187
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/usermgmt.inc(516): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(Array, '{\n\t\t\t  "type":"...')
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceUserMgmt->setUser(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('setUser', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('UserMgmt', 'setUser', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

I was hoping someone might be able to give me some possible solutions. I can ssh as root and login using a password. If I attempt to disable password and root account, I cannot login even with a password. I have not enabled a local directory. I gave rw permissions to my dummy user.

TIA

Version: OMV 5.6.26-1 (USUL)

Kernel: 5.10.0-0.bpo.9-amd64

Intel Core(tm) i3-4130 @3.40Ghz

• Thanks for your replies subzero79,

I thought that I was. I am following the guide. Is there a difference between 1.0 the guide stipulates and using 2.0?

Couch

• Thanks for the link. That worked (Accepted my key). Though I had to cut 'n paste all the output text. I still could not login using Public key authentication. If I reenabled interactive login, then I could login.

• I finally got it to work. I had PKA disabled for awhile and logged in via keyboard. Then enable PKA, disable interactive login. and wahla! Success. Thanks for all your help. Now I have one more item to solve. using gaja to access my shares. I click on browse network and all available devices appear, I click on my NAS and a folder homes pops up. Try to mount it and a popup appears; folder not found. I may need to start another thread for this on.

Thanks again.

• I finally got it to work. I had PKA disabled for awhile and logged in via keyboard. Then enable PKA, disable interactive login. and wahla! Success. Thanks for all your help. Now I have one more item to solve. using gaja to access my shares. I click on browse network and all available devices appear, I click on my NAS and a folder homes pops up. Try to mount it and a popup appears; folder not found. I may need to start another thread for this on.

Thanks again.

solved

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!