Graceful shutdown on low battery ?

• Hi,

I use an old laptop as an OpenMediaVault NAS.

The other day we got a power outage, and I naïvely expected OMV to shutdown gracefully when battery would run low, kind of using the laptop's battery as an UPS.

However the battery ran low, then OMV died of sudden power-shortage-death.

Is there a way to manage a graceful shutdown on a low bat event ?

TIA, kind regards.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you have this option set in the UPS plugin?

Bilder

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I think if you installed Wheezy with Gnome you would have the power management features in Gnome you need. Then you could install OMV on top of that install. I'm pretty sure you can choose a desktop with the netinstall iso.

• Well, I've installed from an OMV ISO, and would'nt consider installing Xorg and a complete and bloated Gnome juste for getting PM support... If there is no specific support in OMV, will look for the text mode ACPI tools...

• Necroing to post the solution:

You need the UPower package. OMV just so happens to use Debian as its backbone too, so it's easy to install:

sudo apt-get install -y upower

From there, just configure /etc/UPower/UPower.conf using nano. I set it at 95%, or a little after the machine loses AC power.

Also don't forget to enable (so it runs at boot) and start the service:

sudo systemctl enable upower.service

sudo systemctl start upower.service

The downside is that it will not power up automatically when AC power comes back, but you can just set up Wake-on-LAN from the router and use that instead.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!