LVM question...

• hello all,

added 2x1tb disks to my OMV..
    created 2 PVs under Storage/Logical Volume Management
    created new volume group ..
    created new logical volume ..

under Storage/Logical Volume Management/Volume groups says Available: 2tb but free 0b
    how can i format and mount this volume to use it ?

under Storage/Filesystems does not give me the option to create new filesystem...

rgds,
    george

• Now i have a problem...

i tried to add a new 2tb disk to existing lvm.
    when i try to resize the filesystem from Storage/Filesystems i get this message:

Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'sudo resize2fs /dev/mapper/LVG1-LV1': ' in /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:574
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: FileSystemMgmtRpc->resize(Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(265): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(98): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'resize', Array)
    #3 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(44): OMVJsonRpcServer->handle()
    #4 {main}

any help would be appreciated...

• Hi,

I can only recommend to start from scratch. dashes are interpreded by any Unix like shell as options or parameters to commands. They will most likely fail for every command that is not aware of handling it.

What you can try is:

login as root
    run:
    resize2fs "/dev/mapper/LVG1-LV1"

The double quotes are important to avoid missinterpretation of the shell.

You also should consider to rename the vg and the volume:
    lvrename "/dev/mapper/LVG-LV1" /dev/mapper/LVG_LV1

Underscores are okay. However you need to unmount the filesystem first as it is mounted and with that device and don't let you rename it in a mounted state.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!