iSCSI Initiator

• Hi,

Basically it'd be really nice if OpenMediaVault could initiate iSCSI targets from the Web UI (rather than be an iSCSI target, a plugin already exists for this).

I have a device with 8x2TB disks that just offers iSCSI/USB/Firewire (it's a Drobo Pro) and doesn't do any NAS functionality (like Samba, NFS or even a Web UI). OpenMediaVault would be a perfect companion to these kinds of Direct Attached Storage systems, it just needs the ability to easily connect to them from the Web UI.

Over SSH it already kind of works... I made and formatted an ext3 LUN with drobo-utils and installed via apt-get the open-iscsi package and logged in with...

Code
    iscsiadm --m node --targetname iqn.2005-06.com.datarobotics:drobopro.tdb111040068.node0 -p 169.254.1.0 --login

And bingo the DroboPro shows up in 'Physical Disks' on the Web UI, the ext3 filesystem can even be mounted too and OpenMediaVault writes an entry for it in fstab.

The only issue I'm having is OpenMediaVault starts NFS / Samba services BEFORE it starts iSCSI services when it boots up. Thus each time it boots up I have to SSH in and run 'mount -a' and 'service nfs-kernel-server restart' and 'service samba restart' to get things running again.

Wikipedia has previously listed OpenMediaVault as having iSCSI Initiator capability, but now it just says 'iSCSI' which is vague at best. Was this a planned feature? I mean it doesn't sound too hard to fix - I'm just not sure where to look, obviously the open-iscsi package would have to be included with OpenMediaVault and a new page on the Web UI would have to be written too - or at least an extra button on the 'Physical Disks' page to initiate iSCSI targets.

Steven

• i havent had a chance to mess with OMV yet as im testing out openfiler right now (not sure i like it much) but if you edit /etc/init.d/scst change the line that says chkconfig: — 14 87 to chkconfig: — 99 87 this may help?

• Offizieller Beitrag

File a feature request on mantis and add a request on the plugin request topic. I don't remember seeing this post but it was well before my plugin writing days.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!