Transmission 2.84 not available?!

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you are on amd64, you can manually install them from here.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

No offense but generally if you don't know how, then you probably don't want to use experimental packages.

Login as root
    rm *.deb
    wget http://omv-extras.org/testing2/transmission-cli_2.84-1_amd64.deb
    wget http://omv-extras.org/testing2/transmission-common_2.84-1_all.deb
    wget http://omv-extras.org/testing2/transmission-daemon_2.84-1_amd64.deb
    wget http://omv-extras.org/testing2/transmission_2.84-1_all.deb
    dpkg -i *.deb
    apt-get -f install if any dependency errors

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• The plugin and the binary (transmission) are different things. You can update the binary with the instructions above. As apparently there are no changes in the syntax directives of transmission the plugin should work.

Thanks for the reply and understood. Indeed my question was phrased poorly, rather should've said: "is the plugin going to be updated to use the later 2.84 binaries?".

Or, perhaps my further real interest (!), is there a reason this HASN"T been done other than simply no-one has got round to it (likely the version bump doesn't bring much to the table so hardly a priority, if it aint' broke etc!).

On my previous OMV system I was constantly tinkering around the various things in the strive to have the latest and greatest, back then I had needs and use-cases slightly outside of OMV. However now OMV has matured nicely I'm preferring to stay within the 'bubble' and just use OMV plus plugins (admittedly some of which are still in testing etc!) - this way if I stumble upon a problem it should be a) simplier to troubleshoot and b) for the benefit of the wider OMV community and user base.

Keep up the great work, much appreciation from this long-time user :)

• Hello.
    Could anyone build 2.84 binaries for armhf? Several torrent trackers don't allow 2.82 anymore, due to removing SSLv2/SSLv3.

Trying to install from jessie repos leads to a lot of dependencies, including libc6 and systemd.
    I semi-successfully built 2.84 from sources, but I can't connect it to openmediavault-transmissionbt (it requires all four transmission packages) and can't remote connect to it (daemon doesn't read from settings for some reason).

• Um. No, it isn't. I actually was hoping for link to already compiled transmission-*-2.84-armhf.deb. Also I can't compile from this git repo — recipe for target 'install-recursive' failed. And what custom patch?

• IT LIVES!
    Ah. Sorry, my fault, got it now. I used checkinstall, and there seems to be a bug in it.

./configure && touch configure configure.ac aclocal.m4 Makefile.am Makefile.in && make && make install
    (without touch make fails with "WARNING: 'aclocal-1.14' is missing on your system.")

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you bother to get the dependencies for building the source (read debian/control for the build-depends) ? that repo is for debian so it should spit the packages ready for debian in one command.

You should try, inside the folder, make sure you place the orig tarball in the folder above if it complains

git-buildpackage -uc -us --git-debian-branch=wheezy-backports

• Offizieller Beitrag

Noticed that 2.90 is out, any chance of getting some packages to test ?
    Thanks.

We typically use whatever version is in the Debian repos. 2.84 is the newest.

• Not available anymore. How can I install the latest Transmission app?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!