• I'm a little bit afraid posting my NAS Hardware after reading about 32GB RAM, Double RAID5 Systems and stuff like this... ;)

BUT...as it started as a "reactivate old Hardware/give it a try" project I'm now glad that it worked so simple, easy and cheap :D

I got an old Asus Pundit R 350 from a customer and thought what to do with it. So I looked into my "old stuff boxes" and "upgraded" it with a P4 2,8GHz HT CPU and 1GB RAM.
    As the Pundit has only a single IDE Port I bought a SATA-PCI-Controller for storage and for the system a 8GB-CF-Card and a CF-IDE-Adapter.

After the testing phase I will replace the 640GB HDD and put 2 1TB HDD's RAID1 into it.

So I got a cost and energy efficient NAS that fit my needs (and only runs when I'm awake). :D

Big THANKS to OMV :!::!::!:

CPU Intel i5 2500K
    16GB RAM
    256GB SSD
    7 x 1TB HDD RAID6
    OMV 4.1.23-1
    OMV-Extras 3.4.32

• Zitat von "KM0201"

Not bad...

What's the lifespan on writes for a CF card?

Up to 2 Million... hopefully ;)

Zitat

You'll probably have issues with the CF. Hopefully you have an old ide drive laying about. Don't worry about hardware and we like pics. I'll try to post my miniOMV when I get a chance.

When PYload is up and running I'll make an image of the CF onto a IDE-HDD only if Transcend has another idea of "lifetime-guarantee" ;) Pics will follow...

By the way, is there any "easy"-way of backing-up the systemdrive in a cron-job?

CPU Intel i5 2500K
    16GB RAM
    256GB SSD
    7 x 1TB HDD RAID6
    OMV 4.1.23-1
    OMV-Extras 3.4.32

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!