Roadmap, date, ... for OpenMediaVault 3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I haven't try PXE plug in.
    Clonezilla is fast and reliable.
    I been using it for years.

I have been using Clonezilla for years also. You boot the Clonezilla from PXE. So, same fast speed and reliability. Just no server component. Only storage. And plugins already created for OMV.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Is there one place on the forum that is a running thread with updates to it that give the current status of OMV 3, particularly a list of ported plugins, a list of plugins to be ported, and a list of plugins that will not be ported?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there one place on the forum that is a running thread with updates to it that give the current status of OMV 3, particularly a list of ported plugins, a list of plugins to be ported, and a list of plugins that will not be ported?

Abandoned plugins

The only plugin that I know of that needs to be ported that is planned to be ported is the LUKS plugin. So everything that is not abandoned has been ported (some may still be beta though).

Are you talking about run Clonezilla on the USB as the client?

No. When you boot over pxe, the client boots over the network from an image on the server. Once it boots, you can write an image from nfs/samba/etc to the client, reboot, and you have a working system. You could also pxe boot a client to create an image from that machine and store it on nfs/samba/etc.

Here's what I see when I run that command

openvpn didn't finish installing. Try apt-get -f install otherwise uninstall it and reinstall. Let's encrypt is removed and mysql looks fine.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• How do you boot Clonezilla on PXE if you have no Clonezilla server, unless you using a Clonezilla Live USB or a CD as a server on the client?
    I'm talking about cloning/imaging.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you know how PXE works? And yes, I am talking about cloning/imaging too. You put the proper clonezilla files on the PXE server. The client pxe boots, shows you a menu, you pick clonezilla, it boots clonezilla just like a usb stick is plugged into the unit. The clonezilla files are stored on a file server (in my case, it is the same server as the pxe server). I can clone the first box by pxe booting the machine with clonezilla and writing the image to a samba share. Then I pxe boot the second box and choose clonezilla, I restore/image the previously created image to the second box.

After looking at Clonezilla server, it just creates the pxe server for you. So, it seems to do the same thing that I have been doing without it. My method lets you use current OMV plugins though.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a documentation for PXE server setup on OMV?

openmediavault-pxe first version now available for testing

Will this work? linuxconfig.org/network-booting-with-linux-pxe

Probably but I would just use the tftp and pxe plugins.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So, no need to install: dhcp3-server, or dnsmasq ?

Depends on your network. The most important thing with running a pxe server is having the ability to change the location that your dhcp server tells the client what the pxe server's ip address is.

When I look at the documentation, it seems like PXE plugin contains Clonezilla in there.

Yep, there is a pre-made package for clonezilla.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What kind of router? Can you specify a pxe or tftp server in the dhcp options?

• openvpn didn't finish installing. Try apt-get -f install otherwise uninstall it and reinstall. Let's encrypt is removed and mysql looks fine.

Trying to get the OpenVPN plugin to work, whether by forcing it to install, or removing and reinstalling it, I always get a message saying that, "Errors were encountered while processing: openmediavault-openvpn." As for Let's Encrypt, it's uninstalled, but I cannot install it because for whatever reason OMV cannot find and install the certbot dependency. The MySQL plugin is installed, and it may look fine, but that does not explain why then I get pop-up error messages from the plugin every few seconds.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!