openmediavault-docker-gui Testing

• Afrer plugin update i see the next error on omv update:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get update 2>&1': E: Malformed line 37 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-extras-org-stoneburner.list (dist parse) E: The list of sources could not be read.

line 37 in source list is :

Code
    # docker testing repo
    deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/stoneburner-docker2  main

Whats wrong?

• My line looks like this:
    deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/stoneburner-docker2 wheezy main

I know @ryecoaaron updated the omvextras plugin a few hours ago, maybe a typo found it's way in. I think you could manually edit the line to match what mine looks like until it gets fixed in the plugin.

EDIT: Just tested updating the omvextras plugin and I get the same error.

• Hi

Thanks so much for developing this plugin - awesome!

Is it possible to link two containers together?
    I'm still learning about Docker, but understand it to be a way to enable communication between containers without exposing network ports etc.

I wanted to test a container for tinytinyrss - which needs an SQL database, which can be exposed through a linked container ... see here: https://hub.docker.com/r/alamut/ttrss/
    docker run -d --link mysql_ttrss:db -p 80:80 -e TT_DOMAIN=example.com --name=ttrss alamut/ttrss
    (where mysql_ttrss is container, db is alias)
    I think all aside from the --link parameter can be set in the GUI

If this is too much to expose in the GUI - could there be a way to expose the ability to add additional parameters to the docker "run" command?

Thanks in advance

• Both your suggestions sounds good to me. I'll add them to my ToDo list together with the possibility to bind-mount files/folders in read-only mode. Before doing any change though I'll add the plugin to the Docker stable repo. Further changes will then be made in the testing repo and merged to stable when considered ready.

• it is up and running.
    i uninstalled docker plugin and installed docker-gui.
    let everything to default and when enabled found everything ready and waiting.
    i will begin testing each container but everything seems to run seemlesly

thank you

• If you need your sql not to be accessed from Lan just from another container a simple iptables rule would help you denying traffic from Lan. Just a quick idea

Indeed I could, thanks for the tip.

Both your suggestions sounds good to me. I'll add them to my ToDo list together with the possibility to bind-mount files/folders in read-only mode. Before doing any change though I'll add the plugin to the Docker stable repo. Further changes will then be made in the testing repo and merged to stable when considered ready.

Thankyou very much - I will keep an eye out!

• It's been some time since the latest version was released, but here is a fix that I hope will be quite valuable:

openmediavault-docker-gui (0.2.16) testing; urgency=low
    * Add extra parameters field

Now it's possible to supply any parameter to the run docker command via a separate textfield. This should make it possible to enter parameters not yet supported "natively" by the plugin. Please report any issues with the new feature.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!