Docker GUI plugin now stable

• can i update a running dockerimage?
    for examble i use emby and my docker image is older version. can i update the image and save the options from the old image?

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• can i update the image and save the options from the old image?

This depends entirely on the docker image you are using if it has the capability to mount folders into the container at startup to allow for persistent files. It also requires that you started your container with this kind of folder mapping. If the image has this support I would open the "copy" dialogue in the docker plugin and take screenshots of all parameters/variables that were used when the container was started. Next I would stop the running container, pull a new version of the docker image and fire up a new container with the same settings (except the name) as the old container and it should be all set. If everything is working as intended, remove the old container.

However if there is no folder mapping support or it wasn't enabled at container creation there might be ways to get the configuration anyhow. Then I would start a shell inside the container via "docker exec -it <container_name> bash" Next depending on which underlying OS is used in the container I would install a ssh client/server and use scp to transfer any configuration files necessary (no idea which files that might be for emby since I don't use it) to the host OS. How to install ssh in the container varies on what is the underlying OS of the container so I'm afraid I can't help you out with that part.

I hope this information will help you with upgrading your emby docker container without too much problems.

• There is no such support in the plugin today. Personally I've made a similar setup as you want to achieve manually using the macvlan network driver. For those containers I'm not using the plugin... Additionally there is a docker openvpn image I'm using that relies on iptables to make sure all traffic on specific containers are forced via the vpn tunnel. Not sure if my setup really marches your requirements but let me know if you want more details.

By the way, adding support for user specific networking is probably quite complex and not something I will be able to fix unfortunately. It is on the top of my own wishlist though :)

Just to clarify, I'm not using macvlan with vlan trunking, but rather to give the containers their own layer2 access and providing them with their own IP numbers on the same network as my docker host. I have multiple vlans in my network but haven't had the need to isolate the containers on that level yet.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Imo is not necessary to use vlan. You can use the internal current network and not having docker generate the iptables rules, with that you avoid masquerading, then you have to add a global static route in router to reach those containers. Then is easy to use the policy routing by ip at the firewall rules (pfsense) or in the load balancer (openwrt). youll also need probably to assign static ips to the container.

If you want to configure containers with more network options you can try portainer which is a very good redo of dockerui

• There is no such support in the plugin today. Personally I've made a similar setup as you want to achieve manually using the macvlan network driver. For those containers I'm not using the plugin... Additionally there is a docker openvpn image I'm using that relies on iptables to make sure all traffic on specific containers are forced via the vpn tunnel. Not sure if my setup really marches your requirements but let me know if you want more details.

By the way, adding support for user specific networking is probably quite complex and not something I will be able to fix unfortunately. It is on the top of my own wishlist though :)

Just to clarify, I'm not using macvlan with vlan trunking, but rather to give the containers their own layer2 access and providing them with their own IP numbers on the same network as my docker host. I have multiple vlans in my network but haven't had the need to isolate the containers on that level yet.

Yes, I actully got around to doing this manually myself.. short hint for people who need this:

Create the network (do not create the .30 interface! docker does this for you.)

Code
    docker network create -d macvlan --subnet=10.0.10.0/24 --gateway 10.0.10.1 -o parent=eth0.30 vpnvlan

Then just fire up dockers as you need, every container needs to have its own ip and there will be no need to exposing ports as all of the container ports gets exposed (exposing ports is also not supported by macvlan).

Code
    docker run --name mydocker --net=vpnvlan --ip=10.0.10.2 .......

Obviously this requires an trunked vlan 30 on eth0...

• Hello,

Using OMV and the Docker plugin for a few days now, very impressed. Thanks alot!

I got one question: when I modify settings for a container, then the extra arguments are always gone, so I need to re-enter them. From what I've read in this thread, all settings of a container are taken from Docker, so no settings are stored in the plugin.
    So is this loss of extra arguments by design or a bug?

Thanks for your help!

Chris

• EDIT : I have been able to find a way around the problem.
    It is a problem with docker and my updated kernel (4.8) and aufs

The simplest workaround is to do
    1) Install docker

apt-get install docker-engine

2) Try to see that docker doesn't start
    /usr/bin/dockerd

3) Move one file from docker (for aufs) so docker won't complain about aufs
    mv /var/lib/docker/aufs /var/lib/docker/aufs_bk

4) See that docker starts normally
    /usr/bin/dockerd

Hello,

I have tried to install the docker plugin( OMV 3) from the omv extra and it doesn't work.

Can you please tell me what I have to do?

Thank you

apt-get install docker-engine doesn't work too
    (output)
    Paquets recommandés :
    aufs-tools cgroupfs-mount cgroup-lite
    Les NOUVEAUX paquets suivants seront installés :
    docker-engine
    0 mis à jour, 1 nouvellement installés, 0 à enlever et 0 non mis à jour.
    Il est nécessaire de prendre 0 o/19,0 Mo dans les archives.
    Après cette opération, 87,7 Mo d'espace disque supplémentaires seront utilisés.
    Sélection du paquet docker-engine précédemment désélectionné.
    (Lecture de la base de données... 131751 fichiers et répertoires déjà installés.)
    Préparation du dépaquetage de .../docker-engine_1.13.0-0~debian-jessie_amd64.deb ...
    Dépaquetage de docker-engine (1.13.0-0~debian-jessie) ...
    Traitement des actions différées (« triggers ») pour man-db (2.7.0.2-5) ...
    Traitement des actions différées (« triggers ») pour systemd (215-17+deb8u6) ...
    Paramétrage de docker-engine (1.13.0-0~debian-jessie) ...
    Job for docker.service failed. See 'systemctl status docker.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
    invoke-rc.d: initscript docker, action "start" failed.
    dpkg: erreur de traitement du paquet docker-engine (--configure) :
    le sous-processus script post-installation installé a retourné une erreur de sortie d'état 1
    Traitement des actions différées (« triggers ») pour systemd (215-17+deb8u6) ...
    Des erreurs ont été rencontrées pendant l'exécution :
    docker-engine
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I have the following error.

Code
    Reading package lists...Building dependency tree...Reading state information...The following extra packages will be installed:  docker-engine imagemagick-common liblqr-1-0 libmagickcore-6.q16-2  libmagickwand-6.q16-2 php5-imagickSuggested packages:  libmagickcore-6.q16-2-extraRecommended packages:  aufs-tools cgroupfs-mount cgroup-lite ghostscript gsfonts ttf-dejavu-coreThe following NEW packages will be installed:  docker-engine imagemagick-common liblqr-1-0 libmagickcore-6.q16-2  libmagickwand-6.q16-2 openmediavault-docker-gui php5-imagick0 upgraded, 7 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.Need to get 21.4 MB of archives.After this operation, 101 MB of additional disk space will be used.Get:1 http://ftp.belnet.be/debian/ jessie/main imagemagick-common all 8:6.8.9.9-5+deb8u6 [151 kB]Get:2 http://ftp.belnet.be/debian/ jessie/main liblqr-1-0 amd64 0.4.2-2 [24.6 kB]Get:3 http://ftp.belnet.be/debian/ jessie/main libmagickcore-6.q16-2 amd64 8:6.8.9.9-5+deb8u6 [1694 kB]Get:4 https://apt.dockerproject.org/repo/ debian-jessie/main docker-engine amd64 1.13.0-0~debian-jessie [19.0 MB]Get:5 https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/erasmus-docker2/ jessie/main openmediavault-docker-gui amd64 3.1.3 [42.4 kB]Get:6 http://ftp.belnet.be/debian/ jessie/main libmagickwand-6.q16-2 amd64 8:6.8.9.9-5+deb8u6 [406 kB]Get:7 http://ftp.belnet.be/debian/ jessie/main php5-imagick amd64 3.2.0~rc1-1 [101 kB]Fetched 21.4 MB in 11s (1876 kB/s)Selecting previously unselected package imagemagick-common.(Reading database ... (Reading database ... 5%(Reading database ... 10%(Reading database ... 15%(Reading database ... 20%(Reading database ... 25%(Reading database ... 30%(Reading database ... 35%(Reading database ... 40%(Reading database ... 45%(Reading database ... 50%(Reading database ... 55%(Reading database ... 60%(Reading database ... 65%(Reading database ... 70%(Reading database ... 75%(Reading database ... 80%(Reading database ... 85%(Reading database ... 90%(Reading database ... 95%(Reading database ... 100%(Reading database ... 131751 files and directories currently installed.)Preparing to unpack .../imagemagick-common_8%3a6.8.9.9-5+deb8u6_all.deb ...Unpacking imagemagick-common (8:6.8.9.9-5+deb8u6) ...Selecting previously unselected package liblqr-1-0:amd64.Preparing to unpack .../liblqr-1-0_0.4.2-2_amd64.deb ...Unpacking liblqr-1-0:amd64 (0.4.2-2) ...Selecting previously unselected package libmagickcore-6.q16-2:amd64.Preparing to unpack .../libmagickcore-6.q16-2_8%3a6.8.9.9-5+deb8u6_amd64.deb ...Unpacking libmagickcore-6.q16-2:amd64 (8:6.8.9.9-5+deb8u6) ...Selecting previously unselected package libmagickwand-6.q16-2:amd64.Preparing to unpack .../libmagickwand-6.q16-2_8%3a6.8.9.9-5+deb8u6_amd64.deb ...Unpacking libmagickwand-6.q16-2:amd64 (8:6.8.9.9-5+deb8u6) ...Selecting previously unselected package docker-engine.Preparing to unpack .../docker-engine_1.13.0-0~debian-jessie_amd64.deb ...Unpacking docker-engine (1.13.0-0~debian-jessie) ...Selecting previously unselected package php5-imagick.Preparing to unpack .../php5-imagick_3.2.0~rc1-1_amd64.deb ...Unpacking php5-imagick (3.2.0~rc1-1) ...Selecting previously unselected package openmediavault-docker-gui.Preparing to unpack .../openmediavault-docker-gui_3.1.3_amd64.deb ...Unpacking openmediavault-docker-gui (3.1.3) ...Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.0.2-5) ...Processing triggers for systemd (215-17+deb8u6) ...Processing triggers for openmediavault (3.0.59) ...Restarting engine daemon ...Setting up imagemagick-common (8:6.8.9.9-5+deb8u6) ...Setting up liblqr-1-0:amd64 (0.4.2-2) ...Setting up libmagickcore-6.q16-2:amd64 (8:6.8.9.9-5+deb8u6) ...Setting up libmagickwand-6.q16-2:amd64 (8:6.8.9.9-5+deb8u6) ...Setting up docker-engine (1.13.0-0~debian-jessie) ...Job for docker.service failed. See 'systemctl status docker.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.invoke-rc.d: initscript docker, action "start" failed.dpkg: error processing package docker-engine (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1Setting up php5-imagick (3.2.0~rc1-1) ...php5_invoke: Enable module imagick for cli SAPIphp5_invoke: Enable module imagick for cgi SAPIphp5_invoke: Enable module imagick for fpm SAPIdpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of openmediavault-docker-gui: openmediavault-docker-gui depends on docker-engine (>= 1.10); however:  Package docker-engine is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-docker-gui (--configure): dependency problems - leaving unconfiguredProcessing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-18+deb8u7) ...Errors were encountered while processing: docker-engine openmediavault-docker-gui

>>> *************** Error ***************

<<< **********

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have made what it told to do

root@openmediavault:/var/cache/apt/archives# systemctl status docker.service
    ● docker.service
    Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since dim 2017-02-05 17:33:48 CET; 2min 2s ago
    Main PID: 15653 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

fév 05 17:33:47 openmediavault dockerd[15653]: time="2017-02-05T17:33:47.525114421+01:00" level=info msg="libcontainerd: new containerd process, pid: 15659"
    fév 05 17:33:48 openmediavault dockerd[15653]: time="2017-02-05T17:33:48.527854751+01:00" level=error msg="[graphdriver] prior storage driver aufs failed: ...supported"
    fév 05 17:33:48 openmediavault dockerd[15653]: Error starting daemon: error initializing graphdriver: driver not supported
    fév 05 17:33:48 openmediavault systemd[1]: docker.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
    fév 05 17:33:48 openmediavault systemd[1]: Failed to start Docker Application Container Engine.
    fév 05 17:33:48 openmediavault systemd[1]: Unit docker.service entered failed state.
    fév 05 17:33:48 openmediavault systemd[1]: [/lib/systemd/system/docker.service:24] Unknown lvalue 'Delegate' in section 'Service'
    fév 05 17:33:48 openmediavault systemd[1]: Stopped Docker Application Container Engine.

root@openmediavault:/var/cache/apt/archives# journalctl -xn
    -- Logs begin at sam 2017-02-04 17:50:43 CET, end at dim 2017-02-05 17:37:20 CET. --
    fév 05 17:35:50 openmediavault monit[3558]: 'fs_Main_Sys' space usage 80.3% matches resource limit [space usage>80.0%]
    fév 05 17:36:01 openmediavault CRON[16763]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
    fév 05 17:36:01 openmediavault CRON[16764]: (root) CMD (/var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-8436cad3-d583-40d8-adc8-341f5f2c5d01 >/dev/null 2>&1)
    fév 05 17:36:02 openmediavault CRON[16763]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
    fév 05 17:36:20 openmediavault monit[3558]: 'fs_Main_Sys' space usage 80.3% matches resource limit [space usage>80.0%]
    fév 05 17:36:50 openmediavault monit[3558]: 'fs_Main_Sys' space usage 80.3% matches resource limit [space usage>80.0%]
    fév 05 17:37:01 openmediavault CRON[16848]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
    fév 05 17:37:01 openmediavault CRON[16849]: (root) CMD (/var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-8436cad3-d583-40d8-adc8-341f5f2c5d01 >/dev/null 2>&1)
    fév 05 17:37:01 openmediavault CRON[16848]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
    fév 05 17:37:20 openmediavault monit[3558]: 'fs_Main_Sys' space usage 80.3% matches resource limit [space usage>80.

• i found a side with options for a docker image.
    how do i push the options in?

Code
    docker run -t -d -p 9980:9980 -e "domain=example.com" --cap-add MKNOD collabora/code

i set the image in the GUI in host mode and whot i do with the other options?

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Hello…

Is it possible for the Docker to have an option to disable a Container? What we have now is STOP but it runs again after a restart or fresh boot up. it would be nice if there is a DISABLE/ENABLE feature

• Offizieller Beitrag

The restart policy is possible to modify without recreating the container. Unfortunately involves stopping docker engine service editing the Json configuration file and starting again docker engine. This means all containers are brought down for editing a specific policy of a specific container. Not viable for the plugin, but the modify button does a pretty close job to it.

• Does the "modify" button works OK for all of you? For who answers... do you use OMV in port 80/443 or custom port?

When I try to save the "Modify" form, it brings me an error: "Error: "Failed to connect to localhost port 80: Connection refused" - Code: 7"

• Modify doesn't work for me also, something goes wrong I think
    but error is different

OMV3 on Proxmox
    Intel E3-1245 v5 | 32GB ECC RAM | 4x3TB RAID10 HDD
    omv-zfs | omv-nginx | omv-letsencrypt | omv-openvpn
    Click link for more details

• Is the docker plugin working under 3.0.63? I am running a fresh install with kernel: 4.9.0-0.bpo.1-amd64.
    Currently I am having an issue with just initializing the plugin. If I initialize it theres tons of errors that keep telling me to apply changes or revert. If I apply more of the same errors occurs.

So I am seeing if this is just an issue with erasmus being beta still. Also its weird that some of the errors will say that I don't have a filesystem in place but I browsed to get the location I used.

Thanks

• Is the docker plugin working under 3.0.63? I am running a fresh install with kernel: 4.9.0-0.bpo.1-amd64.
    Currently I am having an issue with just initializing the plugin. If I initialize it theres tons of errors that keep telling me to apply changes or revert. If I apply more of the same errors occurs.

So I am seeing if this is just an issue with erasmus being beta still. Also its weird that some of the errors will say that I don't have a filesystem in place but I browsed to get the location I used.

Thanks

I had something related and it was caused because of storage driver in Docker configuration. Try using others. I had aufs and now in newer kernels only overlayfs works for me.

• Offizieller Beitrag

aufs is not available in any of the Debian 4.x kernels.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• so here is what happens if I enable the plugin and set location of docker base path (I just set it to my storage partition)

then after I click ok on that if I hit apply configuration changes I get the following error.

this is the error about filesystem not existing.
    Any help would be awesome.
    Again this is a fresh install of OMV 3.

Thanks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!