Docker GUI plugin now stable

• Hello guys,

thanks for this fantastic plugin. I installed the emby image container and it works really flawless, but I have one little problem. By the way, I am completely new to docker. ;) I want to assign the UID "1002" and GID "100" to the emby user in the docker container.

So I committed my current emby docker container and assigned it the following UID/GID under environment variables:

After that I tried to backup the configuration with the "Server Configuration Backup" plugin, but it fails. So i chowned the folder for these backups in the following way:

Code
    chown 1000:1000 -R /media/backups

Now, when I try to backup again, it works fine. But UID/GID 1000:1000 is already in use and it would be much work to change my complete system to this default values of the emby container.

What did I forget or what is wrong?

Thanks Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• @smudgeman
    confirmed, I will fix it
    this problem occur when you change docker base path
    current workaround is
    setting it none and `rm /var/lib/openmediavault/fstab_tasks.json`

@hoppel118
    what is the name of "Server Configuration Backup" plugin ?
    and what docker container name and repo exactly you used?

OMV3 on Proxmox
    Intel E3-1245 v5 | 32GB ECC RAM | 4x3TB RAID10 HDD
    omv-zfs | omv-nginx | omv-letsencrypt | omv-openvpn
    Click link for more details

• Hello luflow,

thanks for answering.

@hoppel118what is the name of "Server Configuration Backup" plugin ?
    and what docker container name and repo exactly you used?

It is exactly that name:

I activated both repos under omv-extras "docker" and "docker testing" and installed the plugin "openmediavault-docker-gui 3.1.3". After that I pulled the following emby docker image and created my container:

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I didn't know that it was emby plugin

anyway
    I tried backup plugin, I cannot make backup at all
    don't know why, can't find source for this plugin
    don't know why 1000:1000 worked in yourcase (was it previous APP_UID APP_GID?, if so try recreating docker container not modifying)

my suggestion to use network location

OMV3 on Proxmox

• Does the "modify" button works OK for all of you? For who answers... do you use OMV in port 80/443 or custom port?

When I try to save the "Modify" form, it brings me an error: "Error: "Failed to connect to localhost port 80: Connection refused" - Code: 7"

Finnaly!!! In the latest update,it got fixed!
    Thanks devs!

• Hey luxflow,

the uid:1000 and gid:1000 are the default values for the emby container. I found it here under "Technical Information" and "Environment Variables":

https://hub.docker.com/r/emby/…er/#technical-information

I chowned a bit to meet 1000:1000. So it works fine for me now.

Thanks for your help! Greetings Hoppel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• heres another question....
    In the case of rutorrent docker, if I make changes to the settings like limit download and upload speeds when the container is restarted it did not retain my changes I made but does retain knowledge of the downloads.

If I hit commit in the plugin section of openmediavault and launch that container it also does not store the changes I made.

How can I make these changes stick?

thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The image is diameter/rtorrent-rutorrent:stable
    It was pulled from the Docker Image Repo tab.

https://github.com/diameter/rtorrent-rutorrent/issues/32

Very cryptic answer, no idea seems to be like that.

@majorpayne

There are plenty of answers to this in google, also you can refer to the official docker doc

https://docs.docker.com/engine…/container-communication/

containers can communicate via the default bridge and can also share exposed volumes in between each other

• Hello guys,

since the last update the docker images repo looks as follows for me. Is this a known issue? What can I do to correct this?

I use the latest available versions for omv and for docker:

What is the differnece between these two repos? Which of them should be used? At the moment I activated both. Is this the correct way?

And a little Feature Request: Is it possible to get the docker service listed in the services view?

Thanks and greetings Hoppel

• How do i change the docker containers from running on my Debain OS HDD? I tried changing it to my AppSSD + docker shared folder but got the following error:

Version 3.0.64
    Kernel Linux 4.9.0-0.bp0.1-amd64
    Fresh OMV 3.0 Install
    Docker GUI 3.1.4
    Version: 1.13.1
    API version: 1.26
    Go version: go1.7.5

• All reported bug is fixed in 3.1.5

openmediavault-docker-gui (3.1.5) stable; urgency=low

* Fix docker image path
    * Fix getDockerRepo

-- OpenMediaVault Plugin Developers <plugins@omv-extras.org> Thu, 02 Mar 2017 20:29:38 +0900

anyone expereince `filesystem... ` error
    try `rm /var/lib/openmediavault/fstab_tasks.json`

@ryecoaaron will upload soon

Additional note : I'll be busy for the next 6 months (maybe 1 year), I cannot patch anymore
    maybe other developer help

OMV3 on Proxmox

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von luxflow ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

will upload soon

Done.

Additional note : I'll be busy for the next 6 months (maybe 1 year), I cannot patch anymore

Thanks for all of your work :)

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Additional note : I'll be busy for the next 6 months (maybe 1 year), I cannot patch anymore

Oh, it's a pity! You did a very good job especially with advancing and porting the omv-zfs to omv3.

Thank you for all the work you investigated. ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!