Docker GUI plugin now stable

• Offizieller Beitrag

If some of the edit, check, add icons still look stretched is a browser cache issue. The port forward missed some align also in the add row. I'll push that in the next release

• Offizieller Beitrag

A little bit embarrassing... I had DNS issues on the dev machine

:)

With OMV 4.x, there is just one docker repo and it is the docker-ce repo. Is that good for you?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @ryecoaaron I've pushed a new version of the plugin to GitHub that uses the docker-ce package instead of docker-engine. Could you test (build) this locally on your end with the yet unreleased omvextras plugin where the "Docker CE" repo is present? The idea is to build version 3.1.10 of the docker plugin and then push it to the erasmus-docker-ce repo on Bintray.

The following test cases exist:
    * Docker plugin installed < 3.1.9 should result in not being able to enable the Docker CE repo in omvextras.
    * No docker plugin installed, or version 3.1.9 installed should make it possible to enable the Docker CE repo.

When the Docker CE repo is enabled it should be possible to "upgrade" the plugin via the standard OMV gui (Update Management).

I understand that it's quite a bit of work to test this, but it would be extremely welcome :) I've tested it before myself, but it would be nice with a second pair of eyes to check for potential issues...

• I have install straigt ahead an basic TV-Headend on Docker, in bridged mode. But i can´t get the TVH panel?!?

Also take a look to the booth screenshots, the web panel should be to find on 192.168.178.54:9982 or *9981? But there i get jut an basic error?!?
    Were is my mistake?

• can someone tell me how to update the image that the containers are using??? i feel like im taking crazy pills. i dont see anywhere in the GUI. so i run docker pull <some-image> and then i just end up with two images. then it just becomes a pain to redo all of the volumes. would be nice to export and import that stuff if updating the image doesnt work.

• Also take a look to the booth screenshots, the web panel should be to find on 192.168.178.54:9982 or *9981? But there i get jut an basic error?!?
    Were is my mistake?

In the first image it looks like you haven't forwarded any ports. Without this you won't be able to access the container when it runs in bridged mode. Have a look at the guide located here: OpenMediaVault Docker-GUI Plugin Usage [ x86_64 Arch only] on how to forward ports.

• can someone tell me how to update the image that the containers are using??? i feel like im taking crazy pills. i dont see anywhere in the GUI. so i run docker pull <some-image> and then i just end up with two images. then it just becomes a pain to redo all of the volumes. would be nice to export and import that stuff if updating the image doesnt work.

There is no "built in" way to do this with docker. One common approach is to stop/remove the running container, pull the new image, start up a new container based on the new image. Of course this requires that you have your data stored outside of the container and that you remember how the container was started...

• There is no "built in" way to do this with docker. One common approach is to stop/remove the running container, pull the new image, start up a new container based on the new image. Of course this requires that you have your data stored outside of the container and that you remember how the container was started...

well that sucks. i wish there was a way to export the settings then. annoying to set the paths again and again

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is an application that can be used to keep images up to date restore containers with same settings, don't know the name but I am sure it has been mentioned here. It even runs on a container so it needs access to the domain socket.
    How many times a week are you upgrading your images? I rarely touch them once running, if the app is a fast moving one in terms of commits then the container creator should have a self upgrade method inside like plex.

• There is an application that can be used to keep images up to date restore containers with same settings, don't know the name but I am sure it has been mentioned here. It even runs on a container so it needs access to the domain socket.
    How many times a week are you upgrading your images? I rarely touch them once running, if the app is a fast moving one in terms of commits then the container creator should have a self upgrade method inside like plex.

sonarr, radarr etc. i will look into upgrade methods thanks

• The method called out here is the Watchtower container. I use it and it’s fantastic. Specifically same case you mention, weekly updates to LS.io containers is seamless.

Keep in mind as well, if you stop a running container, then update (aka pull the new) the image, then restart the machine - to my knowledge that will work as well to get the updates. I did this previously where I’d pull the updates, then delete the older image (shows with funky name) and go on. Alternatively if needed you can just hit the modify button, then save, and it will re-create the container fresh with your settings as well and def use the latest image.

And to do the pull, you can do this in the GUI. Right on the first screen there is a button for Pull Image. But I believe you just have to enter the repository name properly. Then it will check for updates.

My opinion is biased since it’s how I do it, but Watchtower is the way to go.

• Not to self-promote, but you may want to read this tutorial. You've also not mapped your directories correctly, and you've set them as read only, so the container won't be able to save any data (recordings). My tutorial doesn't cover TVH itself, but you can apply the info from that thread to your container as well.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Could you test (build) this locally on your end with the yet unreleased omvextras plugin where the "Docker CE" repo is present?

I can't start an Ubuntu container. Might be a setting I put in though.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is the plug-in working in itself?

Yep.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!