Docker GUI plugin now stable

• I'm using this one: hub.docker.com/r/jinglemansweep/logitechmediaserver/

It's running fine and I can even use the 3'rd party Spotify plugin on it with my classic players. I had an install of LMS running on the server, which I removed, and now it's running in docker using very few resources. It's even faster now. Docker is really a very nice addition to the server.

@fafdk
    Hi, can you share your Settings for the LMS Iám new to docker an LMS. Got it to work but the Music Scanning does not work. Permissions should be right.

Thanks..

omv 1.14 kralizec | 64 bit | 3.16 backport kernel | omvextrasorg 1.13
    Plugins: Virtualbox, VDR (e-toby 2.2, jessie, manual), OwnCloud, Backup, MiniDLNA, Openvpnas, MySQL, USB Datasave, USV
    HW:Asrock q1900-ITX / 8GB RAM / 60 GB SSD / 2 TB Seagate Green + 2 TB WD Red = RAID 1 / APC Back-UPS CS 350 / Digibit R1 SAT>IP

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nasduck ()

• Got it working:

omv 1.14 kralizec | 64 bit | 3.16 backport kernel | omvextrasorg 1.13
    Plugins: Virtualbox, VDR (e-toby 2.2, jessie, manual), OwnCloud, Backup, MiniDLNA, Openvpnas, MySQL, USB Datasave, USV
    HW:Asrock q1900-ITX / 8GB RAM / 60 GB SSD / 2 TB Seagate Green + 2 TB WD Red = RAID 1 / APC Back-UPS CS 350 / Digibit R1 SAT>IP

• I have a question for the options in the run image window.
    how can i take a parameter for a link in my local mysql database?
    I don't understand the help from here:
    http://forums.openmediavault.o…5/?postID=95997#post95997
    and i think the question ist better here.

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• I have a question for the options in the run image window.
    how can i take a parameter for a link in my local mysql database?
    I don't understand the help from here:
    Plugins that are wanted - Part 5
    and i think the question ist better here.

To use the --link parameter in the plugin you need to run the latest testing version (0.2.17). In this version there is an "Extra arguments" field where you can enter any parameters not yet supported "natively" by the GUI. Here you colud link your containers together if you want to. However, when I read your original question in the thread you referred to it looks like you want to reach a "local" mysql installation from within your docker container. How this is accomplished probably depends on the container you are using...

• Can somebody help me out here?
    How to I launch my container?

Here's the web service that I try to create:

http://docs.snipeitapp.com/installation/server/docker.html

From what I could see in your first post regarding this issue it looks like you haven't forwarded any host port to port 80 in the container. To accomplish this you need to stop and delete the container you already created. Then "re-create" the container and configure network settings in the "Networking" section of the plugin GUI. Here you should use "Bridged" mode and then forward some "unused" port on your server (maybe 9080 or something) to port 80 in the container. If done properly you should now be able to access your container via http://<your-host-ip>:9080

EDIT: Sorry for not responding earlier, I was away over the weekend without access to a proper internet connection...

• So, I did that.
    I got this error when I ran this commands in SSH:

Code
    docker port snipeit
    Get http:///var/run/docker.sock/v1.20/containers/snipeit/json: dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: permission denied.
    * Are you trying to connect to a TLS-enabled daemon without TLS?
    * Is your docker daemon up and running?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• So, I did that.
    I got this error when I ran this commands in SSH:

Code
    docker port snipeit
    Get http:///var/run/docker.sock/v1.20/containers/snipeit/json: dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: permission denied.
    * Are you trying to connect to a TLS-enabled daemon without TLS?
    * Is your docker daemon up and running?

All docker commands needs to run as root in the CLI. It looks like you ran that command as a regular user.

• What is the default Network port that the Docker API listens on? i kinda changed it and want to set back the default again.
    Thanks

By default docker doesn't use any network ports at all, instead it relies on communication via a Unix socket. I added a random (42005) port to the plugin to speed up communication/processing of information with the docker daemon. You can use any port you want as long as it's specified in the plugin GUI...

• Gotcha. This docker is hard to use than VM or Virtualbox.
    How come there is no step-by-step to use this Docker plugin in this forum?
    I found only the basic guide.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin is still developing. Not many people working on it. A guide is pretty low on the priority list I guess. A lot of docker tutorials on the internet would probably help make the plugin make sense. Starting a couple of beginning docker books myself.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• nicjo814
    I finally fixed all the issues i had yesterday. There is one thing that i want to make sure though. Its about the correct IP in /etc/default/docker. ( addons can't be downloaded without modifying this).

I have been using this based on this old docker thread

Code
    DOCKER_OPTS="-H 127.0.0.1:4243 -H unix:///var/run/docker.sock"

On this thread, kalle-del-haye had success using this (I changed mine to my IP)

Code
    DOCKER_OPTS="--dns 192.168.178.1"

Both works for me.. Which of the following is more proper?

Also...
    1. do we need to change something in watchdog's settings.xml, or leave it as it is?
    2. After the add-ons has been downloaded, do we remove KODIADDONS=metadata.universal|service.watchdog in ENV, or leave it there too? cuz i thing its re-downloading everytime i restart the container or restarts OMV.

Thanks

• If you look at my config file it looks like this after the plugin has been installed and I've moved the location of my images/containers:

The important part is that the first occurance of the DOCKER_OPTS variable must not contain any settings used in the last DOCKER_OPTS variable. In your case that would be DOCKER_OPTS="-H 127.0.0.1:4243 -H unix:///var/run/docker.sock" which would cause problems.
    However DOCKER_OPTS="--dns 192.168.178.1" would be totally ok though.

1. do we need to change something in watchdog's settings.xml, or leave it as it is?

If your sources.xml file is ok, you shouldn't have to do any changes to the Watchdog settings.xml file.

2. After the add-ons has been downloaded, do we remove KODIADDONS=metadata.universal|service.watchdog in ENV, or leave it there too? cuz i thing its re-downloading everytime i restart the container or restarts OMV.

You can remove that parameter since it's just as you say. It will be downloaded every time the container starts otherwise.

• Know what would instantly give you 100's of pre-configured apps for this? If you supported unraids docker repositories :evil:.

Example: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37958.0
    Basically a "repository" is just a bunch of xml files. Each XML file has the config (volumes, ports, env vars, etc...) for a docker container.

If OMV supported unraid repo's, it would be very easy for newbies to get started :). See the "Adding Template repositories" section here: http://lime-technology.com/docker-guide/ Many of the repo's on are github (ie opensource) so I wouldn't think this would violate any type of licensing if you use their opensource configs.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!