Virtualbox VM on system SSD

• Make a folder on the system drive and create a symlink for that folder to the virtual machine folder on data drive. EZ.

After creation of the vm move it to the system drive folder.

Why do you want this??? Just for speed improvements???

• Thanks Malefunk, works flawlessly.

Yes, Tekkb, just for speed improvements... ?

I want to run a game server on W7, since OMV dont support everything yet. (ARK - Survival Evolved)

• Hehe.. Symlinks are very cool and useful. Everyone at some point should learn to use them...

If you do try symlink method make sure the folder you create for the vms is "chown -R vbox:vboxusers foldername" where foldername is whatever name you use.

If anyone has questions just ask.

• Will the virtualbox work if you delete vbox installation folder on the data drive after you created the symlink folder?
    or this is just for the VM folder?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Make a folder on the system drive and create a symlink for that folder to the virtual machine folder on data drive. EZ.

After creation of the vm move it to the system drive folder.

Why do you want this??? Just for speed improvements???

using the Symlinks plugin, I can't select a destination for the link, /media only contains the cdrom folder.
    Can you help? Or write up a step by step ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

/media only contains the cdrom folder.

If it is a new install, check the /srv folder.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!