I Screwed Up on Rebuild

• I updated my server to the latest version by rebuilding the server, I was on version .3. I didn't think to back up my config or use a different hard drive (what I usually do). I cant seem to get the files to share out on my raid config. The raid configuration is recognized. Thanks for any help that you can provide.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you have omv-extras installed, reset the permissions on the shared folders in the Reset Permissions tab.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• This is existing RAID from prior OMV install? You mounted it yes? Then do the following.

When I've reinstalled OMV I've never used reset permissions. I just add the share in Access Rights Management / Shared folders. Then click on "add" and then in the path field click on the folder with the spyglass on the right. Then in the tree select your existing shared folder. After selecting the folder fill in the same name of the folder for the Name field at the top. In permissions use the default or other value you desire and it will be applied, or reapplied, to the share.

After getting your share back in the Shared folders section you will need to share it again via Samba or whatever method you are using.

• Offizieller Beitrag

When I've reinstalled OMV I've never used reset permissions.

So how do you know it doesn't work? It sure is easier than what you are recommending.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• How can you reset it with the reset if it is not in the Shared Folders yet???????????? Fresh install with RAID from another OMV install. The config.xml does not contain requisite information.

I believe in the reset you can only choose from shared folders that have been added to the OMV config. On a new/fresh install they are not there.

I don't know what you are talking about. I think from his post he is having problems getting his olde shares back in the OMV shared folders config and then sharing them again with SAMBA.

• There is a plus sign in the reset permission that can bring up same shared folder box that I had him start with in the first place.

To me this seems like an extra step. I don't see how my method is hard either. If that is hard WTF....

PS- I am usually adding some of my shares back even before OMV Extras is installed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Chill out dude. I didn't read it as shared folders not being created yet. Obviously you can't reset permissions on a shared folder that doesn't exist.

• Gentlemen,

Thank you for your help. you where able to identify where I had messed up (forgotten about) at. I was able to mount the drive with no problems. Initially I could see all of the files from my Linux (Kubuntu) computer, but not any of the Windows ones. I had forgotten to add the shares to the SMB section (I also discovered that I created one of my shared folders incorrectly). Thank you again for your help with this. I knew that I didn't lose my info, I just couldn't find & you guys helped save the day.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!