Default NFS mount with ZFS - empty export folder

• I installed openmediavault (2.1.18) and using it with ZFS Plugin (2.1.0). All CIFS Shares are working without any problem.

Unfortunately the NFS mount is not working. It took over one week of testign everything to find the reason. After boot the shares in the the export folder are empty and have the following permissions:

drwx------ root root

After deleting the NFS shares and build them up again everything is quite well. But after a reboot the situation is the same. I think the reason is that while the boot time the NFS-shares are created without having the ZFS online!?

I have no idea whow I can solve this problem. Is there any idea about that?

• Hallo zusammen,

dies sind meine ersten Schritte mit OMV.
    Soweit habe ich mein gewünschtes Szenario installiert und konfiguriert bekommen (OMV + ZFS).

Mit der NFS-Freigabe die auf ein Verzeichnis im Pool des ZFS verweist, habe ich die gleichen Problem wie ... "7smugglers"

Nach dem Erstellen der Freigabe "Images" kann ich mit meinem ESXi auf die Freigabe "/export/Images" zugreifen und diese als Datastore einrichten.

Nach einem Reboot der VM OMV ist die Freigabe im Web-Gui vorhanden, auch der NFS-Dienst ist aktiviert und läuft.
    Die NFS-Freigabe allerdings ist für den ESXi nicht mehr erreichbar.
    Kontrolliert man im OMV das Exportverzeichnis mittels der Kommandzeile, ist das Verzeichnis /export/Images ebenfalls vorhanden, der Inhalt allerdings leer.

Erst nach einem Löschen und erneutem Erstellen der Freigabe kann auf diese wieder zugegriffen werden.

Mir stellt sich nun die Frage,
    habe ich etwas falsch/nicht konfiguriert,
    verstehe ich die Zusammenhänge nicht richtig,
    oder ist dies hier ein generelles Fehlverhalten von OMV.

PS.
    im Syslog habe ich folgendes gefunden...

... falls hier wirklich beim reboot der export cache gelöscht wurde,
    wäre der Fehler ja bei OMV zu suchen.

Hat jemand eine Idee wo man hier ansetzen kann?

Hintergrund:
    Die NFS-Freigabe vom OMV ist für mich essentiell, da mein ESXi hier seine weiteren VMs hosten soll.

Danke vorab für Eure Anregungen und Tipps.

Gruß,
    m.hajoo

• ich habe hier im Forum weiter gesucht und auch getestet,
    hat aber bisher leider keine Änderungen gebracht.

Thread/10397-NFS-was-working-but-not-with-stone-burner

Please post

mount | grep export

pool_01 on /export/Images type zfs (rw,relatime,xattr,noacl) 

Zitat

exportfs -v 

/export/Images 192.168.254.201(rw,wdelay,root_squash)
     /export 192.168.254.201(ro,wdelay,root_squash,no_subtree_check,fsid=0) 

Zitat

cat /etc/debian_version 

Das erscheint mir in meinem Fall unnötig,

run omv-mkconf fstab then mount -a check again in your clients the export mount

da  mount | grep export
     pool_01 on /export/Images type zfs (rw,relatime,xattr,noacl) 

Zitat von /etc/fstab
  • Ok, I'm not very good at reading German but I understand your'e having issues with ZFS + NFS exports. I believe you have two options. Either use the builtin ZFS share property (this is how I'm doing it), or use the feature implemented in the latest testing version of the ZFS plugin by @ikogan (which I'll probably start using quite soon). The latter is available in the ZFS page under "Settings".

Edit: This is my configuration of the sharenfs property... rw=@192.168.109.0/24,insecure,rw=@172.17.0.0/16,insecure,ro=@127.0.0.1,insecure which can be configured by clicking "Edit" button when a specific datset/filesystem is selected in the plugin.

• I'm not using the sharenfs property as the ZOL folks say that it's kinda broken. The reason for my patch is to automatically share nested filesystems, which isn't the problem here I don't think. The following has always worked:

The mount directory in /exports is created by the fstab rpc endpoint, not any mkconf script. It should persist across reboots though. Is that directory in some kind of memory store rather the persisted? If you manually create it once, will it be there when you reboot?

• hello ikogan,
    hello nicjo814,

thank you for your answers and your suggestions.

I´m not at home these days, so I can´t check it out on my system.

When I´m back I´ll test as soon as possible the promises you made.
    Then I´ll info you, if something has changed.

Thanks,
    m.hajoo

• Hello everyone who´s interested in this problem, ....

... but it seems to me that the problem is solved.

I didn´t restart the vitual omv-machine since november.
    Today I updated omv from version 2.1.19 to 2.1.23.
    Afterwards i restartet the system a few times, ...
    ... and /export/Images is not empty after reboot
    the nfs-share is working well.

I can see it on the console of the vm on my ESXi.
    When the vitualmachine of omv is rebooting,
    the other vm´s
    stored on the mapped nfs-folder of ovm,
    are "coming back" .

Sorry that I cannot localize the problem, but I´m glad that it will work now.

Kind regards,
    and a happy new year
    to everyone here by openmediavault

m.hajoo

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!